Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently upgrading from SAP xRPM 2.0 and SAP cProjects 3.1 to

SAP cProjects / SAP RPM 4.5 as a preliminary step for upgrading to SAP

PPM 5.0.

Currently we have xRPM on client 110 and cProjects and cFolders on client

We thoughtfully followed the upgrade guide and our understanding from it

is prerequisite to consolidate all data from xRPM client and

cProjects/cFolders client on one single client.

Could anyone confirm if this consolidation is a prerequisite or we can have to separate clients?

In this case we are thinking in consolidate all the information on

the client with cProjects / cFolders

Is there any specific approach

recommend in any guide?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto:

My understanding from your problem is that you have the xrpm 2.0 and cprojects/cfolders 3.1 on the same box, but you have configured xrpm 2.0 and add all the transactional data on one client and you have all the cprojects and cfolders configuration on the other client. Is that right?

So I guess that once you have upgrade to new Project and Program Management component 4.5, these components are removed and sustituted by the PPM 4.5 client, previous to move to PPM 5.0.

Just to confirm, it is correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It seems right to consolidate keeping PPM 5.0 in view. On the other hand if you are planning on having a Portal only a single client can be directed to a portal.

But out of sheer curiosity may I ask why you have them on 2 different clients? Was there any well thought out justification? Understanding this may help us answer this further. I personally do not see any good reason for doing so unless its a sand box and you were playing around with it! If this was done in a production system this strategy going forward will call for lot of custom development!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N K,

Thanks for your help. I don't know why there is divided in two different clients. Someone made it and now we are having several issues during the upgrade.

Do you know any SAP Note about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

It is possible to run xRPM and cProjects separated in two different clients. The problem you will have is that you will lose some funcionalities on PPM v5 which are directly related with the integration of these two modules.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though it is possible I will definitely say it is a very bad practice and a very bad design even with older versions! With the new PPM 5.0 I definitely recommend you to implement everything in a single client to maximize the integrated environment that comes with PPM 5.0.

Anyways to your question there is no simple way to merge the 2 clients! If you can answer below questions may be we can come up with next steps of action.

1. What functionalities of RPM and or cProject s are you using? example resource management, project management etc

2. How long have you been using this set up and what is amount of data interms of Projects, users, etc

3. Do you have a portal set up (I doubt but I still had to ask)

4. Do you have all three pieces talking to each other or in other words integrated? i.e. RPM cprojects and cFolders?

5. What is the nature of you business? IT, R&D, real estate etc ?

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks NK and Gonzalo for your help,

Definitely we are trying to consolidate all the data in one single client. It seems to be the best approach.

During the upgrade we are following the master guide 50087467 and we are trying to consolidate it using the following reports mentioned in the guide:

/RPM/MIGRATION_ITEMS

/RPM/MIGRATION_2_CP_PROJECTS

In any case we are having several issues and so far, we have not achieved.

Iu2019ll keep you aware.

@ N K

<We use it for new product innovation and project management

<yes, we have a portal too.

<the applications are integrated. Basically the status of the projects are updated automatically to xRPM

Do you know any other way to consolidate it in one single client?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK, ASM and Ganzalo,

Yes to answer the question why there exist two separate clients and installed in single box ?

To answer this as per ASM reply the versions are xRPM 2.0 and cProject 3.1.

1) For xRPM 2.0 there is no feature where xRPM and cProject are shipped to customer in single box. This started only from xRPM 4.0 by SAP.

2) As per ASM reply there exist automatic status sync between xRPM 2.0 and cProject 3.1 which is not avaialable in these versions. That means customization has been done which replicates something like DFM(Decision Flow Managment) of xRPM 4.5.

3) To meet the above requirements they might have installed in two separate clients of same box instead of two separate boxes for each and might have reduced the explicit Uploading/Downloading project data from cproject 3.1 to xRPM 2.0 .

Regards,

Siva