Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Email Notification in HTML Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I have a requirement to send the Vendor Email Notification in HTML Format. Currently We are using the FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 in FIBF (Business Transaction Events). It is sending the Bank Transfer details as PDF attachment, but business requirement is to add the text in the HTML body of that email.

Anyone has the solution.

Thanks In Advance.

Nasir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Currently We are using the FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 in FIBF (Business Transaction Events). It is sending the Bank Transfer details as PDF attachment, but business requirement is to add the text in the HTML body of that email.

As the documentation of BTE 2040, {quote]This process is used to determine the output device (printer, fax machine or Internet ) to be used for the payment advice note. {quote}

I don't think you must be sending the email through this BTE.

I checked the call-up point of this BTE & found that the PDF attachment is send in the subroutine AVIS_SCHREIBEN of the standard include RFFORI06.(ref: Line 1209).

Unfortunately i don't see any customer enhancements available

BR,

Suhas

PS: To search for the "call up point" of the BTE 2040, check the where-used list of 'OPEN_FI_PERFORM_00002040_P'.

6 REPLIES 6

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several threads related to email available in SCN . Please search for it.

You have to pass the format as html in your email. If you need it in the email body the you have build your content with the relevant html tags.

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I have searched a lot but only find the BTE 2040 as a solution. I need to know how can I change the email body when FM 2040 is used.

Nasir

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BTE will be triggering a function module. If its a Z fm then you can add your code in it for HTML format. You can check this because I am not much sure.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Currently We are using the FM SAMPLE_PROCESS_00002040 in FIBF (Business Transaction Events). It is sending the Bank Transfer details as PDF attachment, but business requirement is to add the text in the HTML body of that email.

As the documentation of BTE 2040, {quote]This process is used to determine the output device (printer, fax machine or Internet ) to be used for the payment advice note. {quote}

I don't think you must be sending the email through this BTE.

I checked the call-up point of this BTE & found that the PDF attachment is send in the subroutine AVIS_SCHREIBEN of the standard include RFFORI06.(ref: Line 1209).

Unfortunately i don't see any customer enhancements available

BR,

Suhas

PS: To search for the "call up point" of the BTE 2040, check the where-used list of 'OPEN_FI_PERFORM_00002040_P'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends,

The problem is solved.

Actually I created a Custom Functional Module and called from ZSAMPLE....... Functioanl Module. Its working now.

0 Kudos

Nasir Hussain,

Could you please explain how you did it. I think a lot of people wants to add a HTML e-mail with the payment advice.

Thanks in advance!