cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retreive the fault message returned by web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on Proxy to SOAP synchronous scenario. The WSDL provided by the third party has 3 messages - 1. for request structure, 2. response structure and 3. Error message to track the exceptions, if any. The interface working fine for positive test cases but we are facing issues when trying to capture the error message returned by the web service.

We have configured the error message(provided in WSDL) as fault message in our Inbound interface. In the outbound interface, we have configured standard Fault message type provided by XI. we have mapped the two structure.

Now when error is returned by the web service, we are able to see the blank response structure in the payload in MONI in XI. Also the SOAP Error Message structure is there in XI.

But when we trying to retrieve the same in our proxy, it is giving the blank structure.

Please help how to get the error message returned by the web service in proxy....

Please help..

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fault message is a structure which will help to capture the error message deatils " if the code is written to populated / propagate the same to this "

If your case is Webservice to Proxy - Code should be written in proxy class so that all excpetions are captured and the fault message class is filled and the same will be vissible in PI monitor.

In the other case the - cusotme code should be written to propagate the error message back from the end application.

If the error is not captured - it will not be visible.

Cheers

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The Interface mapping in my case is configured as below. There are three tabs:

Request Response Fault

I am facing promblem in fault.

Fault:

Source: Fault Error Message from Web Service

Target : Standard Fault Message used in XI

Mapping: One to one Message Mapping

I am getting the error message as the fault message, in the response from the web service.

Now I want to forward the same message to SAP R/3 system. For this I have configured the standard fault message in the outbound interface and have mapped the same with the web service error message.

So if I am not wrong, the transformed structure according to the rules in message mapping should be sent to SAP R/3 system.

But I am unable to see the result of this mapping in XI MONI. Neither is this passed to Client proxy.

Edited by: RumiSingh2 on May 23, 2011 1:30 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I am getting the error message as the fault message, in the response from the web service.

>>>Now I want to forward the same message to SAP R/3 system. For this I have configured the standard fault message in the >>>outbound interface and have mapped the same with the web service error message. So if I am not wrong, the transformed >>>>structure according to the rules in message mapping should be sent to SAP R/3 system. But I am unable to see the result >>>>of this mapping in XI MONI. Neither is this passed to Client proxy.

You are consuming the third party webservice. Third party webservice WSDL has request, response and fault message. if the third party application logic capture the exception and pass the response as fault mesg, then the above specified target fault mesg mapping with your Standard fault message mapping will be sent to sender or client proxy.

Suggestions:

Having fault message in WSDL does not mean that target system sends fault message during application exception. Check in the SXMB_MONI whether your response during exception is occuring in the fault message structure publised as WSDL. If not then doing mapping will not help. It gives only blank.

If you notice response in fault message structure from third party in SXMB_MONI, then you need to check that at the client proxy side, are you handling/done coding for fault message methods similar to response strucutre for capturing data.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look to this blog article:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the payload structure of the response from webservice , have you got mapping in place for the fault message

check the trace in sxmb_moni and see if mapping is getting executed or not

paste your structure of response so that fellow SDNers might help u

thanks

Ninad