Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I faced this question in couple of interviews

What is the flow of a transaction in SAP? When we execute a Transaction what happens this is in regards to Basis point of view.

I guess they are asking what actually happens in the background.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Antony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The dispatcher receives the request to execute a dialog step from user 1 and directs it to work process 1, which happens to be free. The work process addresses the context of the application program (in shared memory) and executes the dialog step. It then becomes free again.

2. The dispatcher receives the request to execute a dialog step from user 2 and directs it to work process 1, which is now free again. The work process executes the dialog step as in step 1.

3. While work process 1 is still working, the dispatcher receives a further request from user 1 and directs it to work process 2, which is free.

4. After work processes 1 and 2 have finished processing their dialog steps, the dispatcher receives another request from user 1 and directs it to work process 1, which is free again.

5. While work process 1 is still working, the dispatcher receives a further request from user 2 and directs it to work process 2, which is free.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fc/eb2e8a358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

I hope this will answer your question, but in future you do remember that this is Expert Forums.

Most of the questions like yours were answered.

A good place to start is WIKI and Blogs. Good luck.

Thanks

SM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too found the answer similar to the response that I got.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SM,

Thanks you for your replay. I have posted the question because I couldn't find a reasonable answer. Any ways thanks again for the suggestion.

Regards,

Antony.