cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I direct update SPAM/SAINT from version '70022' to '73041' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

Now I need to update the SPAM/SAINT 'SAPKD70042' to system, I have uploaded the package 'SAPKD73041' to sap system, but when I click 'Support Package'--->'Import SPAM/SAINT Update' to update the patch, the system appears a prompt 'SPAM/SAINT update SAPKD70022 has already been imported successfully'.

Actually, I want to update current version '70022' to version '70035' first , but I could not download it from SAP service market now.

Could you help to fix this issue ?

Best & Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPAM/SAINT Update is not an step by step update. So if you need to update it then you can update to any version but the release should match.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

what do you mean with "uploaded 'SAPKD73041' to sap system!

Normally you have to upload the SPAM-Update for your release -> SAPKD70042. SAPKD73041 should be for SAP Netweaver 7.30....

You can upload it from TA SPAM or directly. When doing directly you have to unpack the package in /EPS/in. After that you have to load the package in TA SPAM (from the application server)

regards, Martin

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael, Not clear with your query. SPAM/SAINT updates are release dependent that means if you have 70032 patched at this moment and you want to patch 42 of that then you need to download 70042. from below I can see the component you have downloaded is 73041(that is not of 700 release).

You can directly apply 70042 if you have patch ready for it in your EPS/inbox - per my understanding SPAM SAINT patches are cumulative so 70042 will have 70035 corrections included.

Hope it helps you.

Regards, Amber S | AO

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you download and update 'SAPKD70042' directly? This is available on SMP. The file you have uploaded on queue is 'SAPKD73041' which is for release 730 not 700 so you are getting this message. Delete the file from queue then download the file 'SAPKD70042' and update your SPAM.

Regards,

Subhash