cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 Status Not Available For Log Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Today as per my routine i was performing daily tasks on PRD, and i found that the log backup which was scheduled has failed.

I tried to perform a log backup immediately and it didn't worked.

And to my surprise there are no logs to know what the error is and why is this happening.

Could anyone please tell me what the problem is and how to solve?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mudassir.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look on the SAP Note 1242278 - DB6: Status 'Scheduling failed' in planning calendar.

Regards,

Subhash

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mudassir,

Just use Database Studio / Database Manger or the command line to view the dbm.prt/dbm.utl/knldiag/knldiag.err files. Try to find out the backup action and the resulting return code (btw., a good starting point for MaxDB backup/recovery is the related FAQ note 1377148).

Yes, this might be a display problem within TA DB13, but I would first recommend to check, if the backup was successful at all.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

I have checked all the files you have listed already but there was no sign of any error message which made me even more curious. Anyhow after posting here about the problem. I deleted the old scheduling of all the log backups and created a new template and then i assigned the new template to the future log backups scheduling. And it worked.

Thanks for the note you mentioned its really informative and useful.

I thank Mr Subhash and Mr Thorsten for your responses.

Regards,

Mudassir.