cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP synchronisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've written custom program for synchronizing personal data from SAP HR to Microsoft Active Directory. It uses function module SPLDAP_RECEIVE_ATTRIBUTES in a similar way as reports RPLDAP_*. Everything works well for export attributes (as mapped in LDAP transaction), but I don't know how to get the attributes mapped as import attributes. I.e. I have and e-mail address (mail attribute in Active Directory) mapped as import, I want that value to be read from Active Directory and update the 0105 infotype for person. But the function module SPLDAP_RECEIVE_ATTRIBUTES doesn't return anything. What is the correct way to get the import attributes during synchronization?

Thanks for help.

Best regards,

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am working on same interface now to update AD from HR Master. So what are the pre-requisites for using the FM "SPLDAP_RECEIVE_ATTRIBUTES". I have taken the proposal mapping in LDAPMAP transaction.  Here how to the table name for each field in the mapping.

I wanted to add some attributes alsow which are not there in proposal mapping by SAP.

Till now I have a report to modify LDAP, now I need to create users or modify. So trying to use this FM.

Please let me know if you have any info.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Venkat

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just starting to research how to do this (import employee's email address from Active Directory and populate Infotype 0105 with it), so I'm curious how you resolved your issue, assuming that you did. We have the added wrinkle of using Concurrent Employment, so I'll need to develop logic for identifying the correct personnel assignment to receive the email address (or just update them all).