cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our BI Prod System is throwing the dump for "TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED" error.

I have extended the parameters couple of times based on sap notes.

Please find the current parameter values set in our BI Prod system

em/global_area_MB = 250

ztta/roll_extension 4000000000

ztta/roll_first 1

ztta/roll_area 6500000

em/initial_size_MB 8192

abap/heap_area_total 6000000000

abap/heap_area_dia 3000000000

abap/heap_area_nondia 3000000000

We have 32GB RAM and 64 GB Paging space.

I'm attaching the details of "how to currect the error" from the ST22 dump below,

The amount of storage space (in bytes) filled at termination time was:

Roll area...................... 6221152

Extended memory (EM)........... 6000468352

Assigned memory (HEAP)......... 3000777840

Short area..................... " "

Paging area.................... 16384

Maximum address space.......... 4294967295

Please let me know, with my current memory availability, can I increase the parameter further and what should be parameter values.

Or Please let me know, how can I rectify this error.

Thanks,

Shanahas.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

Before you change the memory parameters, I would like to highlight some points which can help you making your decision :

1) If you are getting memory dump for a specific program, then firstly involve any developer to tune the records selection criteria from the tables. Often, it has been seen that the data selected from the tables in BW systems is quite high which is stored in runtime memory and uses SAP memory in the sequence of ext. and then heap.

2) If there is no chance to tune the program, then you have to change the memory parameters.

3) You need to consider the memory consumed by oracle and SAP both on the server and memory settings should fit into physicam RAM.

4) For eg. Database consumes 15 GB (SGA + PGA), so 17 GB can be used by SAP in this scenario.

With the above facts, it makes more relevant to ask you some questions :

a) Are you using Windows/Unix and 32bit/64bit OS ?

It is required to set the paramter ztta/roll_extension because the behavior of memory allocations changes accordingly

b) How much memory is allocated to your database software.

c) If you increase ext. memory for a WP, it is required to be calculated like how many WPs do you have and what can the total em size of your SAP

I hope I am not confusing you. Let me know if you have further queries.

Regards,

Ankit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas ,

You can not change the propfile paramter values on analysis of 1 or 2 days , you have to find out the rootcause for this

If any jobs running then you have to find out wheather any varient or programe chnaged or at the perticular time may be more BTC running , this is way to find the solution

Please don not change the Parameter values for one or two issues

Thanks

Kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My sincere suggestion not to meddle with the parameters before you analyze what actually ( viz., a program ) is the root cause of the dump! If you can, please provide with further details related to the activity when the dump occured!!

Regards,

Damanaidu J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like you have run out of extended memory. The dump shows you have consumed 6GB (although your ztta/roll_extension parameter seems to be wrongly stated as 4GB). My first choice will be to analyze why you need so much memory and maybe explore various options before increasing parameter values.

If you need to increase params (you have almost 98GB of memory) - I suggest -

ztta/roll_extension 8000000000

em/initial_size_MB 12,288

Regards,

-sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanahas,

>> Roll area...................... 6221152
Extended memory (EM)........... 6000468352
Assigned memory (HEAP)......... 3000777840
Short area..................... " "
Paging area.................... 16384
Maximum address space.......... 4294967295

Generally, BI reports require so much memory. You stuck to the memory quota parameters, below

ztta/roll_extension 4000000000 = 4GB

abap/heap_area_total 6000000000 = 6 GB

abap/heap_area_dia 3000000000 = 3 GB

abap/heap_area_nondia 3000000000 = 3 GB

I recommend that you drop abap/heap_area_total parameter, because abap/heap_area_dia and abap/heap_area_nondia covers this parameter.

It is unpredictable that how much memory you need in order to execute the ABAP program, properly. Under this circumstance, you should increase ztta/roll_extension, abap/heap_area_dia and abap/heap_area_nondia parameters and execute the program.

For example,

ztta/roll_extension = 9000000000

abap/heap_area_dia = 9000000000

abap/heap_area_nondia = 9000000000

I hope that I clarified the issue,

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 23, 2011 11:04 AM