cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of workflows for end users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we use workflows for travel and expenses as well as for leave requests. The workflows facilitate the approval process, and involves several steps with several people involved for each travel and leave request.

Many of our employees and the people involved in the approval process have asked for a report (or something similar) that can tell them where in the process the travel or expence request is at any given moment. Is it waiting for approval step 1 or step 2? Is it waiting for the next travel run? The UWL in itself does not provide the necessary information, and neither does the emails that go out from the system. Does anyone have any nifty solutions?

Regards,

Anette Wilberg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We´re probably going to develop a custom report. I wouldn´t want our users to have to use the transactional iView directly. Thanks for all your answers.

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying!

As a conclusion so far, there is nothing available out there that can solve this for us easily. We do have all the information available in SWI1 etc, and will have to go through the nitty griity job of developing reports and presenting them in the portal. I can imagine we might have a challenge presenting the reports in a understandable way for our end users.

Anette

Former Member
0 Kudos

what version of sap and portal are you in mate? I thought there are standard iviews for all forms and processes which clearly states what stage a particular process or form is stuck at???

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we´re on ECC 6.04 and Netweaver 7.01. I don´t have the excact patch levels right now.

Anette

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can just UWL, or leave request overview or travel expense at ESS level to see their different status

apart from this, you dont have tools like SWi1 available in frontend!

make a transactional iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have made custom reports for our WFs to keep track of where they are. SWI1 is not very user friendly so we do not give this transaction to our end users. Only for leave request do we use the provided standard report (RPTARQDBVIEW as Siddharth mentions). But our leave request WF is comletely standard.

/Kirsten

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can SWIA or SWI5

Or SWi1

Here you can all workflows of any kind

For leave request you can check via Rptarqdbview report in se38

or ptarq is the main transaction

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure if the standard provides anything, but you could give the users TA SWI1. Or make a report which allows to make a selection, processes it for SWi1/SWIA and shows the result...

wouldn't be that 'nifty' though 😛

regards, Lukas