cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment master data handling process

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have huge SAP-PM equipment data change scenarios like , change in FL , change in status , change in field values(like manufacturer , model etc) . We have standard templates for each scenario and user sends the same to central master team to upload . We have LSMWs to upload the data .

Our problems are , some time user sends data for equipments which doesn't belong to him (Plant , planner group) . He gives manufacturer and model data which is irrelevant for the equipment technical object type etc.Although LSMW throws error in many scenarios , we need a solution where in user data is checked before hand through some automated solution (For eg a LSMW which actually does not execute the transaction but creates a output file showing whether the transaction will be successful , is the input maintenance plant and equipment maintenance plant same etc.....

What is the usual practice followed in such scenarios ....We don't authorize end users to do that transaction due to some issues

NPB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I think BDC will be helpful . You can have the Test run and output in BDC ,kindly consult with your technical team

regard

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimhan,

I am working on the same scenario's, but in my case the data is finally uploaded by the MDM Team, but all the LSMW's are being made by me only in the development, and I only transport it to Quality where I check the LSMW by uploading the given masters from the client in the Quality itself.

and then transport it to the Production. where MDM Team do the job.

hope this was what you were asking.

regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

We don't have MDM and I can not simulate in quality as quality doesn't have 100% data of production .

NPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrsimahan,

May be you dont have the data in Quality, but you can always create the same for the test data,

For Example if you need to change the Equipment master then create 2 equipments in the quality and then test your LSMW for the 2 Equipments, if it is working fine for 2 then LSMW will work fine for N no.

Hope it helps you,

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is differnt , I need a tool which will throw an output file which will show like (input fields and actual fields and whether it will be executed/error )(For eg if one has asked to change FL , his input fields will be equipment number , his maintenance plant , his planner group, new FL ) , The tool should output a file (input equipment number , input maintenace plat , input planner group , input FL , FL maintenence plant , FL planner group , error/success)

The output file be analysed and then only it will be uploaded through LSMW .

Is there any tool /how to develop this

NPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Narsimhan,

I dont understand if someone has asked you to check the FL for an Equipment why you need the other fields, as per my knowledge you can do this just with the equipment no and the New FL list given in the excel and let it come via validation and approval from the client senior and authorized persons.

as the tool you are asking, I have never come across the same, I am still following the same old procedure to do the master data change vial LSMW. can you please through some more light on the same tool, you are asking, may be I can also use it.

Regards,

Yawar Khan