cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to carry on the erlier values in LSMW for MM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have created an LSMW to change control code of the material master in Purchasing view. My requirement is only to change / add the control code field vlaue for the material.

I have creted LSMW for MM02 recording (batch input), while recording I did the following...

Tcode: mm02, entered the material number, select the pur. view, change the control code in purchasing view.

After saving the recording, system recorded the values : Material description, UOM, Material group and control code.

But I want to give only material number and control code in my input file. But system is asking all the above recorded values.

Could any body explain how to carry on the material description, UOM and material group which material is already having earlier?

What I need to do and how to do?

Thanks & regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which input fields you have mentioned in the LSMW? System will ask only those fields, which you have mentioned. If system is asking other fields, which you do not want to input, remove those fields from the input fields of LSMW.

If any way, those fields are mandatory, give them in input file & put '/' in all such fields, where you want to carry already mentioned fields.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh

In LSMW >> step 5 Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules >> Place cursor on MAKTX (material description) >> click on Initial (ctrl F8)

Do the same for UOM and material group

It will automatically carry the material description, UOM and material group which you already maintained

Edited by: Mahesh Dahale on May 23, 2011 8:01 AM

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Let me tell you that recordings are not the best way to do changes in material master - see below. However, if you already doa recording, then you can modify it before starting to build an LSMW pgm - remove the fields that you don't want to be filled with values (pushbutton Ctrl-F5 Delete Screen Field).

An alternative method for updating material via LSMW that I find very easy is BAPI (object BUS1001006, method SAVEDATA).

BR

Raf

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have recorded or used batch input method?

Where is control code in Purchasing view of material master?

For changing or inserting,u need to include the following in your flat file,

Material no,plant,materil description,UOM,Material grp(All these are mandatory fields) & then control code without which u cannot change the material master.

Add all these in source field & do the mapping & upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugan,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I used batch input. As you mentioned, plant, material description, UOM, material group and control code are mandatory in my flat file.

But my requirement is that as material is already having the description, UOM, material group, can't I carry on the same values with out mentioning them in my flat file?

Because to change only control code (purchasing view- foreign trade data section), I need to take the values of material description, uom and material group from the tables to my flat file, which is time consuming process.

Is there any other way to carry out the values which are already there in master tables with out mentioning them in my flat file?

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally i copy the program of MM01 & create for MM02 & if required i add additional fields in MM02.I dont think it is going to be a time consuming process for down loading from table.

If the control code is going to be common for all materials then u can use MM17,instead of using LSMW.

Any try out the suggestion given by mahesh,But i am not sure whether it will work.