Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue about Maintenance Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert in PM,

I am newbie and learning some PM now.

According to my knowledge. To Learn PM , i should start from PM Maintenance Plan.

My understanding

-

Maintenance Item should included in Maintenance plan , More than 1 item can attach in the plan.

Plan are based on strategy.

Question

-

What's the usage or purpose with this tab - Object list item?

How can i included task list in Maintenance Plan ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the tasks will be common for different equipments with same category. For example, if you having same kind of motors & some activity will be done together for all the equipments together, then Single Maintenance Plan can be created by mentioning all the equipments in Object List.

So that, only one maintenance order will be created. But drawback would be cost cant be distributed across the equipments in Object list. If you want to capture the cost separately, then better to assign the equipment in header & create separate maintenance plan for each equipment.

Task List Assignment

In Item tab of Maintenance Plan, under Task List block, click the Find button. It will guide you to select the task list.

Maintenance Item

Maintenance Item will be created automatically while creating Maintenance Plan. Even Maintenance Item can be created manually in IP04. If the equipment, order type, task list, & some of the fields are common, then Maintenance Item can be created. The same can be assigned in Maintenance Plan.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the tasks will be common for different equipments with same category.

Question - Do you mean some task will have different category?

Task List Assignment

In Item tab of Maintenance Plan, under Task List block, click the Find button. It will guide you to select the task list.

Question - Can i have Equipement only without Task List ? Or Task list only without Equipment or Functional Location ?

I am confuse here , please help.

Maintenance Item will be created automatically while creating Maintenance Plan. Even Maintenance Item can be created manually in IP04.

Question - The purpose we create maintenance plan via ip04 manually is to fullfill the purpose of more than 1 item? Because if i wish to create maintenance plan with more than 1 item , should i must create manually via ip04?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Task list category are as follows.

1. Equipment Task List

2. Functional Location Task List

3. General Task List

For example, you created 10 equipments under category Machines. Some of the tasks can be same for all 10 equipments. At that case, we can create single maintenance plan by assigning all the 10 equipments in object list & assigning only one task list.

Pre-requisites: One Task list will be created by assigning all the common tasks for those 10 equipments.

Thus we can simplify the Maintenance Order processing for the end users.

Task List Selection

Once you click the Find button for task list, it will show 3 different options like FL task list, equipment task list & general task list. Based on the requirement, select any option. If you want to go for Equipment / FL specific task list, select the equipment / FL. Else general task list can be arrived at without selecting any technical objects.

Maintenance Item via IP04

This will minimize the user data entry. For example, Maintenance PLan has been uploaded while going for system live. That plan may be valid for one year. So after one year, user has to create all the Maintenance Plans by mentioning all the details.

If you create the Maintenance Item by mentioning Equipment, order type, planner group, work center, Task list, etc., he can copy that maintenance item & he will just define the validity of that plan. This will reduce entry as well as error.

Regards,

Maheswaran.