SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP fuel usage specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is MP fuel usage specification and its application? Can anybody Please explain?

Thanks

Kiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

MP fuel usage specification is required to be created when you want to system to calculate volume type fuel use based on the specification provided in the master data.

Off course you can refer standard SAP help as well it gives you exact definition.

Its important to understand from which perspective you are asking this questions

Kalpesh Chavda

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

MP fuel usage specification is required to be created when you want to system to calculate volume type fuel use based on the specification provided in the master data.

Off course you can refer standard SAP help as well it gives you exact definition.

Its important to understand from which perspective you are asking this questions

Kalpesh Chavda

0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

I am new to IS Oil and going through SAP help.

I understand that "Fuel usage specification" means unit of measurement for what we measure at MP.

As per SAP help,

This transaction defines the specifications for both hourly rate-based and liquid-based fuel consumption devices.

Here consumption means Measurement? Beacuase MP does measurement not really consume anything right?

The hourly rate-based devices record consumption in the following formats:

· Barrels per hour

· MCF per hour

· MMBTU per hour

The liquid-based devices record consumption using an MCF per barrel format, for barrels containing a specific liquid product.

Can you make me understand by giving example?