Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year-end closing Asset Accounting

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a company code which closed on the fiscal year 2009. But some assets fogot to finish the depreciation when company closed.

Now, we are performing "Year-end closing Asset Accounting" of fiscal year 2010. Errors occured because the depareciation of those assets haven't completed in the fiscal year 2010.

As the company was already closed, we don't want to open the company again and finish the depareciation . Can I ask are there any ways to cancel the depareciation of these assets without opening the company?

Or normally, how to handle this case?

Many Thanks of your help

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Normally system does not allow asset account closing till the time all depreciation is posted, I don't know why system did not stop you to close fiscal year 2009. Now when depreciation is not completed for certain assets in 2009, I don't see any other way than opening the fiscal year, I know business does not allow to open closed fiscal year as all reporting must have already completed. I would suggest to contact SAP and raise OSS, may be they will be able to do certain changes at data base level.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Murlidhar Khatri,

Thnaks of your reply.

Can I ask, If open fiscal year 2009 again, can i post all depreciation to period 16 instead of posting depreciation per period (i.e. period 10,11, 12)?

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

This being a very unique scenario, it is very difficult to say, however you can try this by inputting periodn 16 in AFAB transaction.

If you have quality system with the similar data, may be you can try and check.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Many thanks of your answer.

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Murli is very much correct... Check OAAQ - Whats the last closed FY in Asset Accounting??

You cant close 2009 unless all planned dep is posted....

Now you have 2 options...

a. Follow note 619969 and post dep in 2009... Execute Dep for Period 13 (Spl period).. You need to open OB52

b. Follow note 29694 which will make Posted Dep = Planned Dep and resolve the issue technically

Option a is more advisable

br, Ajay M

former_member443015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks Ajay M