Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM - External Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert in PM,

I'm interested to know about PM.

Can i know How to procure External Services in PM module?

What's the external services can purchase - must be raw material only or can be services ?

If yes , how can we control all this purchasing in PM?

point will given for your solution.

Thnk you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

External Operation:

Equipment will be sent outside for the service. In this case, mostly service & spare parts will be given by service provider & they will charge the company in whole. So In operation, we need to mention the control key as PM02. In Maintain Control Key config, for PM02, externally processed operation should have been selected.

So it will create the PR for the Operations & components. If company is providing spare parts to service provider, then component can be defined as L - Stock Item.

Control key is the important input at operation level to decide following things.

1. Operation => Internal / External

2. Scheduling required or not

3. Cost Calculation is required or not

4. Confirmation required or not

External Service Operation:

Here, service provider will come to the site & he will provide the service. Here control key will be PM03. In this control key config, Service check box should be ticked.

In this case, Service Master will be created & assigned to Maintenance Order. Against that, PR & PO will be created. Based on PO, Service Entry sheet will be created.

Here also, either service provider or company will provide the spare parts. Based on that, item category should be maintained as N or L.

Purchase Requisition

This is based on the control key for the operations. For Materials, this is based on config Define Change Docs, Collective Purc. Req. Indicator, Operation.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

what is the configuration settings available for maintain control key PM02.

do i ve to select the check box external processing and select + ?

do i ve to select the service check box ?

do ive to select the sched.ext. op. check box?

my aim is to create the subcontracting purchase requisition automatically from the maintenance order .

when i select the pm02 key , how the system generates the pr?

after entering the pm02 key in the operation tab and then do i ve to enter the defective spare part in the component tab ?

do i ve to mention the defective spare part itme number in the component tab and mentioned as "n"?

please kindly explain the scenario how to send my defective equipment to vendor and get it back ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any services can be procured in PM.

Actually we generally use this concept in two cases :

1) Some material/spares is req for operation that are two be caried out on technical object

2) External operations.

1) this is done when some material is not in stock like non-stock items

2) This is done when we want to send equipment for external repair or service

In this case we use the proper control key and from the order itself one service PR is created.

For this PR service PO is created and then service entry sheet is done.

This process also reflects cost to the order.

If u have further question plz ask.

thnx

achal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir Amehra ,

Why must none stock item can be purchase? What if this is stock item? what's the concept behind?

When we want to send equipment for external repair or service , why must we purchase again?

Hope you can tell me the correct flow.

TQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gongika,

If the material is a stocked Item, thenm stores person will take care of that via MRP run or another form of CBP.

when you are sending the material for the refurbishment then you are not purchasing the material then you are not purchasing the material but the services for which Service Entery Sheet needs to be prepared and the services needs to be accepten though a GR Document will be generate dat the back end via Mvt type 101, that you can see in the PO History but that is just for the reference, your main doc is the SES(Service Entery SHeet), that is the acceptence of the services..

hope you got the answe.

regards

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For external purchase of services

If you want to purchase external services then in order under operation tab enter control key as PM02 for respective operation and maintain data if small window appear.

After saving/release of order system will create Purchase requisition

Process

Create order - IW31 >> maintain control key PM02 in operation tab and save then PR is created-view it by ME52N >> Convert this PR in to PO by ME21N >> After performing service Accept service by ML81N

For external purchase of material

If you want to purchase external MATERIAL then in order under COMPONENT tab enter item category as NON STOCK for respective material and maintain data if small window appear.

Process

Order >> maintain item category non stock for material and save then PR is created-view it by ME52N >> Convert this PR in to PO by ME21N >> Goods receipt by MIGO

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thank you very much , your information very useful and meaningful.

Based on your statement

-

System will create Purchase requisition.

Create order - IW31 >> maintain control key PM02

created-view it by ME52N >> Convert this PR in to PO by ME21N

For external purchase of material

If you want to purchase external MATERIAL then in order under COMPONENT tab enter item category as NON STOCK for respective material and maintain data if small window appear.

My question

-

Must Control Key PM02? What is the control key control ?

system automatically create Purchase requisition ? Is this anything to do with MRP run?

COMPONENT tab enter item category as NON STOCK? What if is spart part?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Must Control Key PM02? What is the control key control ?

which business functions you want to carry out & how you want to handle the operation

system automatically create Purchase requisition ? Is this anything to do with MRP run? -

Depends on configuration settings for MRP, Availability check group & Checking Rule

COMPONENT tab enter item category as NON STOCK? What if is spart part?

Wheather it is spare part or consumable or maintenance item, if that item is not in stock or the item for which we can not manage stock/inventory and if they need as and when then only we purchase and use that

Hope this can be helpfull.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap experst!

can you explain me step by step.

Thanks

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pl proceed in this way:

- create notification using IW21 (depends upon client)

- create work order from this (or you can use IW31directly)

- mention operations to be carried out in Operation tab.

- mention control key PM03 in same screen.

-press enter, you will get one pop up window asking for details pertaining to external services (say, crane service), fill all the required details. proceed ahead. PR will be created.

-saev it/release it.

-PR will also be released as per dates entered.

-create PO and get it approved by authority (say, manager).

- create service entry sheet using this PO number.

-approve it and close the order.

Hope it is useful.

cheers!