Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Issue on Number Range for MRP Purchase Requisition

Hi Gurus,

Please help me on the issue explained below.

We are already using SAP ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0 and now we are implementing Plant Maintenance Module.As a result of this implementation ,we have created number of PR document types and assigned to unique number ranges in ECC. One of these document types has been maintained for MRP group for a material type in order to identify the MRP purchase requisitions created on the shortage of the materials for these material types.

This functionality is working fine. MRP run for the materials is picking the appropriate PR document but number range of the document is not the same what was assigned to the linked document type.Some other number series is getting picked by system .

There is setting under SPRO Consumption Based PlanningNumber RangesPurchase Requisitions

Here, number range assignment is against plant. This is the same number range which is being taken by system on running MRP. But the desired number range is the one which has been linked to PR document type.

If I change the number range above then number range for MRP PR in present system will get affected..

Can you please advise me on above so that PR generated on MRP run should have appropriate number range?

Thanks & Regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question