cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After client deletion the hardisk usage didn't decrease

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My test system hardisk usage is increasing, there have been client copy from production system. There are clients created and deleted. But the hardisk usage never decreases. May I know after the SCC5 which is used to perform client deletion what else need to be done to reclaim the storage ?

Thanks. Your comment and advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to reorganise your database after client deletion to retrieve the disk space.

You can use this note as a starting point: Note 541538 - FAQ: Reorganization.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

You need to reorganize the tablespace, in order to reclaim the storage, at the OS level.

Disk utilization is the different issue. This is related by how datafiles are distributed across the physical disks or LUN and how much pyhsical memory configured for the database instance. This is very generic performance issue and you need to monitor disk utilization at the OS and database level.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

What I mean is before new client is copied from production to test systems, the hardisk usage is at 50%, after the copy the usage has increased to 55%, but after the client is deleted the hardisk usage still remains at 55%. Do you mean I have to perform hardisk reorg at OS level to reclaim that 5% after performing client deletion ? Nothing much can be done at application level ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

can you Do a lsps -a at your OS level and paste the information ...

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Yes, you need to reorganize the tablespace, in order to reclaim space to the OS. This is because, Oracle already allocated the space when you added or extended a datafile and will not be released this space, until you reorganize the tablespace. Please check the note "Note 646681 - Reorganizing tables with BRSPACE".

For example;

brspace -u / -f tbreorg -s psapddicd -t "*" -p 4

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik