cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for InfoSets

0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have a strange situation that only exists in my BW production environment (version 7.0). Starting out of the blue a few days ago, all of my users are now recieving authorization errors trying to execute queries against any InfoSet. Specifically, the error message is "You do not have authorization for InfoSet xxxx." We have four other environements, sandbox, dev, quality, and training where there is no problem. I've re-transported all of the user roles from Dev to production and compared them line-by-line with the other environements, but I don't see any problem. Can anyone provide any guidance on where I might look to resolve this issue? Below is my PFCG configuration. All of the InfoSets and related cubes, DSO's are in the indicated InfoAreas. Thanks in advance.

Manually Business Explorer - Components

Manually Business Explorer - Components

Activity Create or generate, Change, Display, Delete, Execute <...>

InfoArea ZCRM_CA, ZCRM_OPP, ZCRM_SALES_A, ZCRM_SALES_O, ZCUSTOM_DSO, ZELM, ZLEA<...>

InfoCube *

Name (ID) of a reporting compo *

Type of a reporting component Calculated key figure, Query View, Query, Restricted key figure <...>

Manually Business Explorer - Components: Enhancements to the Owner

Manually Data Warehousing Workbench - Hierarchy

Manually Data Warehousing Workbench - InfoCube

Manually Administrator Workbench - InfoCube

Activity Display

InfoCube Subobject Data

InfoArea ZCRM_CA, ZCRM_OPP, ZCRM_SALES_A, ZCRM_SALES_O, ZCUSTOM_DSO, ZELM, ZLEA<...>

InfoCube *

Manually Data Warehousing Workbench - InfoSet

Manually Administrator Workbench - Infoset

Activity Display, Maintain

InfoSet *

Manually Data Warehousing Workbench - DataStore Object

Manually Administrator Workbench - ODS Object

Activity Display

DataStore Object *

Subobject for ODS Object Data

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199630
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

Have you tried what roles or authorization objects are missing thru SU53 t-code? Other posibility to see what is happeining is doing a trace.

Go to ST01-> select the checkbox Authorization -> run trace.

Then execute the query that gives your the authorization error.

Stop the trace, and see the analysis, check those rows with RC = 8 or 4.

Regards, Federico

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member366279
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do two kinds of trace which should help identify the missing authorization:

1. ST01 trace

2. RSECADMIN authorization log if you are using analysis authorization. Otherwise RSSM (and RSSMQ) for the reporting authorization.

Regards,

Patricia