cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why there is no data in the fields of an append structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert:

I added the append structure ZAMC11VAOITM into structure MC11VA0ITM (for data source 2lis_11_vaitm). There are 2 components of ZZFKREL and ZZSTAWN in the append structure.

However, there is no data in those fields of ZAMC11VAOITM after extracting data.

There are data in the fields of ERDAT and ERZET of MC11VA0ITM. So I added ZZERDAT (ERDAT as component type) and ZZERZET (ERZET as component type) as another append structure into structure MC11VA0ITM. The result made me confused. There is still no data for ZZERDAT and ZZERZET after extraction even if the same fields ERDAT and ERZET with data.

Could you please help me out? Thanks a lot.

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

The field FKREL is available in the base table VBAP on which the extractor is built. It is already available in the communication structures provided by SAP. Goto LBWE, for your extract structure MC11VA0ITM under SD sales, choose maintenance and select MCVBAP FKREL Relev.for Bill. from the list and transfer it to the left side. In the datasource maintenance for this field remove check boxes hide and field only in cust exit. you should get data for it.

For the other field, ZZSTAWN, you would need to append the structure, check filed only in cust exit at the datasource maintenance and write code in CMOD to fetch data from its source table. This field, I guess doesn't exist in VBAK/VBAP/VBUP, etc on which the datasource is built.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for providing the information. However, the link can't be open. Can you open this link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever a DS is enhanced, the populating logic has to be written in the CMOD or BADI (whih ever convention your proj follows). Without a code written to populate the newly added fields, the wnt fetch any data.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appending to LIS Structures is trial and error method. All LIS Extractors are function module based. So in simple terms they are filled up some SELECT statement. Now if the fields you have appended are not available in the SELECT statement of std SAP FM then they will not be populated.

You will have to write a CMOD code.