cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type 100 Vs storage type 914

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand both these are used for goods issue to production order.

100 is used for material staging to PSA when we have automatic material staging indicator 1 set for the control cycle.

when is 914 used? what indicator is set in control cycle for this storage type to get the material there. how does the steps happen for this issue? can some one please explain in layman terms. Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These storage types are related to two different scenarios in WM.

Storage type 100:

You use this if there's material staging in WM (only movements in WM; quants will be in the interface storage type which is 100) and then comes the GI in IM which consumes the quants.

Storage type 914:

In this case there's GI in IM first and negative quants will be generated in the interface (storage type 914) and then comes WM into picture, you move the goods (quants) from normal bins to 914 to eliminate the quants.

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

in scenario 1, prerequisite is wm-pp control cycle and we use staging indicator 1.

does scenario 2 still needs wm-pp interface set up? if yes, in this case do we use staging indicator 4?

my question is, is scenario 2 (914) used when staging indicator is set to 4 (manual staging)? or is it totally different concept?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Storage type 914 scenario has nothing to do with WM/PP interface (including control cycles).

(It is working similarily to e.g. GI with mvt 201)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 23, 2011 12:31 AM

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Thanks for the reply. can ya please help me understand what happens when the manual staging indicator 4 is set. I mean what is the process? Thx

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

bump for help plz

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using Manual staging

- you can transport individual components using manually created transfer orders

- you can use the bypass method to transport them directly from the goods receipt zone to production

When you post the goods issue, postings are made to the production storage bins from the control cycles

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I am still not clear what exactly is the "process" when we have manual indicator 4 in control cycles.

if we are doing staging manaully, then what is the use of control cycles?

can you tell me a SIMPLE busines Scenario why would anyone use staging indicator 1 vs 4??

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has give the option to use Control cycle 1 to 4. Incase of automatic staging you can not stage the materials manually. In real time situation some industries prefer manual staging so that they can direct the materials to the supply area as they want.

Sometimes production requires more materials than the required one due to some physical damage or over consumption etc., in this case Manual staging is preferred

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

in that case I can transfer material to 914 and then issue it to the production. what advantage does I get using control cycles plus manual staging 4 versus moving material to 914 and issuing it to production? this is what i am not clear yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Storage type 914 is used when you do not have WM-PP interface.

Starage type 100 is used when you have WM-PP interface and you have the advantage of creating Transfer requirments for Material staging automatically by the system when you confirm the Production order.

Please refer help document for more information.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f840fb4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Refer SAP Note 560638

Edited by: Karthik on Jul 25, 2011 12:46 PM