cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner ID same as SAP User ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have one SAP Service Desk Implementation going on.

There is an intresting requirement as follows:

1) BP ID generated should be same as their respective SAP User ID, irrespective of the BP Role.

2) First Run for Mass Generation has to be done and that should take care of point 1.

3) Business Partners should be automatically created by system whenever a new SAP User ID is created in system landscape.

I know that if i use external number range, this can be done. Moreover there is one standard BP Mass Creation program also. But challenge is to find setting which makes this BP ID generated same as SAP User ID.

In past, I have manually created external BPs like this because volume was very low in those projects... but now we have more than 1000+ users whose will be associated with service desk.

Please advice.

Regards,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this answer is obvious, but you can modify the mass generate program to do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

You are right but that's the last option.

I am looking for any specific setting or config thru which this can be done, if possible. Let's see if someone can contribute..

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a technical problem with your request:

BP numbers are limited to 10 characters but user IDs can have up to 12 characters.

So you will not be able to set BP number = user ID if you have user IDs with more than 10 characters.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You are very true..We are very safe on that part as client has already a guideline, in place, of following differnt SAP User IDs which can max go to 10 digits as a part of process.

Thanks.

Suchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is still open. Any information on the same?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Any solution or proposal for this.. except Z development.

Thanks.

Suchit