cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category copying differently in invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For Scheduling agreement YLPN ( Free of cost) the item category driven is YLNN. Delivery is created and also invoice but accounting document not generated because of price error. when i checked i found that , Item category for items in invoice is TAN where as it should be YLNN and in delivery its picking rightly YLNN.

Checked the copy control settings between Delivery and invoice and found the settings are perfect and when i checked in YLNN item category settings, both the billing relevance and pricing are not maintained .

My doubt here is if the above settings are not maintained then the system should not allow to create billing but why the system allowed to create and another is from where it is picking TAN as item category.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, check whether the correct billing type is flowing in VF01. If not, maintain the default billing type in VOV8 for that order type. Since you have confirmed that both in sale order and delivery, correct item category is flowing, ensure that no user exits are in place as in normal circumstances, when you generate a billing document, most data would be copied from sale order and partially from delivery. This being the case, I am surprised how come it is changed in billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls help on the above issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check if the Batch Split Items in the Delivery have TAN as Item Category.In such case , TAN will be copied to Invoice.

Also check the Copy Control settings with the Delivery Type ( Free of Charge) to Billing Type (Free of Charge) as currently due to copy control settings , system might be picking different Billing Type.

Best Regards,

Ankur