cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualitative charecteristics maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts....

we are FMCG company I have a raw material 120192 which has got qualitative Charecteristics like colour, Honey taste and foreign substance in honey this material has got both quantitative and qualitative charecteristics,but during the result recording of Qualitative charecteristics i want the characteristics to accept or reject how can i maintain right now we r just entering value like Ok in inspection description column.. do i need to maintain any catalogs please explain me...as i am not aware of these things much.

Thanks & Regards,

Sampath

Edited by: sampath s on May 22, 2011 10:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am only supplementing what Sujit has mentioned - but in clearer terms.

You need to create a code in a code group in Catalot type 1 (T-code: QS41). This is at client level.

Then you need to create a Selected set code and attach the codes & code groups(created in QS41) to it, with evaluation. This is at plant level.

Now, you have to attach this to a MIC: create MIC (Qualitative) and attach the selected set code to it.

So, when you use this MIC in your Inspection plans, the system proposes the codes (with valuation) during results recording.

That means: Colour (catalog), Yellow (code group): Pale yellow (code), Dark Yellow (code), very light yellow(code)

Yellow (Selected set code): this will have different codes as above.

Regards,

Krishna

PS: You need to adhere to the field lenghts of Code groups & codes. You can follow alpha/neumeric/alphaneumeric.

Edited by: Krishna. Madduri on May 23, 2011 10:17 AM

Edited by: Krishna. Madduri on May 23, 2011 10:21 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to sujith and krishna... closing

Regards,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to use the selected set/code of catalog type 01.

Ex : Now lets say color is Qualitative char then you can have

Yellow

pale yellow

dark yellow

&

have valuation to each one of them like accepted or rejected.

This is only the solution for qualitative chars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for the response sujit, yes you r correct, can you please elaborate with the trascations so that i can maintain these....since i am doing it for the first time.. what all settings it required need to know.

Thanks & regards,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

T code for creating codes for catalog type 1 is QS41

T code for creating Selected set for catalog type 1 is QS51

Initially explore the existing default one like Color in both T codes.

Now in MIC/char in overview in Catalog assign the selected set ( created in QS51-->for trial assign the SAP default one )

Same will appear during result recording in RR screen.

Explore !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

Thank you, i tried to execte the Transaction as explained by u, i maintained some color variants but i didn't get in RR. as i tried to assign this to characteristics in qs22 its saying u cannnot choose entries from catalog 1 and 3.

Before u answer i just want to brief you so that u can help, i ahve material 460360 ... which is having a physical lab operation in inspection plan... under this we have characteristics like.. COLOR OF HONEY,CRYSTALS IN HONEY and TASTE OF HONEY these are all qualitative.. if i want to accept or reject these characteristics how can i do... and is it possible to maintain..values upper or lower value in these characteristics... please explain.

Thanks & regards,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

qs22 its saying u cannnot choose entries from catalog 1 and 3.

Tick on selected set in QS22 and enter selected set of catalog type 1( created in QS51 --->i already told you this) and not code group

Explore !!