cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Warranty process in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am bit confused in mapping warranty process with help of Billing plan in SD. As i thought of we can do with the help of billing plan.

" The dealer may raise claim ( based on valid warranty) for the spare parts which are non-returnable and damaged , for which Company will raise the credit memo request (based on the billing reference) and credit memo (with 50% of the claim released on the same day as claim punching and rest 50% ONLY after 90 days )"

Can any one do help me int this please

With Thanks &Regards

Aswin Nair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aswin,

As per my understanding of your requirement, the credit memo request is created with reference to the orginal billing document.

Hence there has to be a copy control between your invoice type and credit memo request type.

(if the credit memo request need to be created only with a reference, then check reference mandatory in VOV8 of your credit memo request'

Since the materials are non-returnable and damaged, it can be assumed that there will not be any return delivery in your case.

So the credit memo request should have a copy control setting with the credit memo in VTFA.

The 50 % -50 % can be achieved by using a milestone billing plan in which the second billing date in the reference billing plan will be 90 days after the first billing date/ credit memo creation date (claim punching date).

Please try this out and let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me check and revert you

Edited by: Aswin Nair on Jun 1, 2011 9:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hagal,

Its working fine and good. thanks for your support..

With Regards

Aswin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not completed..

Edited by: Aswin Nair on Jun 1, 2011 9:27 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to go through this link

[Warranty Claim Processing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/51/b2c77ec1dc40069170a888e6842764/content.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your corporation . Let me check it fast.

With Regards

Aswin Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected ,

This is really help me to get an actual view of warranty processing. will it be possible to do the scenario in IDES . This is been a case study we are working on. I guess i might not given a clear idea on what i need to do.

1. We are trying to Map this kind of real time scenario in to IDES.

2.Will it be possible to do issuing credit memo by billing plan .As i know automating the entire structure will be difficult and we do not need to do it .in a simple way i mean.

can you help me please. if you feel still unclear on what i said please let me know. i thank you for valuable comments...

With regards

Aswin Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is working....

Edited by: Aswin Nair on Jun 1, 2011 9:21 PM