Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mapping Warranty process in SD

Dear Experts,

I am bit confused in mapping warranty process with help of Billing plan in SD. As i thought of we can do with the help of billing plan.

" The dealer may raise claim ( based on valid warranty) for the spare parts which are non-returnable and damaged , for which Company will raise the credit memo request (based on the billing reference) and credit memo (with 50% of the claim released on the same day as claim punching and rest 50% ONLY after 90 days )"

Can any one do help me int this please

With Thanks &Regards

Aswin Nair

Dear Aswin,

As per my understanding of your requirement, the credit memo request is created with reference to the orginal billing document.

Hence there has to be a copy control between your invoice type and credit memo request type.

(if the credit memo request need to be created only with a reference, then check reference mandatory in VOV8 of your credit memo request'

Since the materials are non-returnable and damaged, it can be assumed that there will not be any return delivery in your case.

So the credit memo request should have a copy control setting with the credit memo in VTFA.

The 50 % -50 % can be achieved by using a milestone billing plan in which the second billing date in the reference billing plan will be 90 days after the first billing date/ credit memo creation date (claim punching date).

Please try this out and let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question