Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue related to MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

This issue is related to MRP.

I have a material AC0001 which is a FERT Material and is produced inhouse.

It has MRP Type PD. In MRP 2 screan in the scheduling tab the In-house production is 8 days and the GR Processing time is 1 day.

The stock is Zero and there has a require which comes for 2 numbers.l.

I run the MRP on 20/05/2011 for this mateial and now the Planeed order is generated.

Initially the Material was created on 20/05/2011 and the MRP has been run on the same day 20/05/2011.

In the MD04 screan the Receipt/Requirement date for the Planned Order is 3/06/2011 which is correct (As 21st,22nd is Holiday and 28th.29th,30th are also holiday).

Now on the next day ie 21/05/2011 I run the MRP for the material.

Now in the MD04 screan the Receipt/Requirement date for the Planned Order has changed from 03/06/2011 to 06/06/2011.

From where does this new date comes. Can you tell me the exact cause of this.

Regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I feel you are well aware how the dates are calculated.

on 20 th you are runned the MRP and got the date as 20/05/2011

since your case system is considering forward scheduling( if the order start date comes in past while calculating scheduling, system will change the scheduling type into forward scheduling) & proposes 03/06/2011 as per your in house production time & GR provcessing time.

In next MRP run , you have carried out with planning mode- 3 delete and recreate a procurement proposal.

this delete your old plan order and create a new plan order and carried out forward scheduling, and set the basic finish date as 06/06/2011( since 4 & 5 is holiday)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The planning mode mainted is 1 (Adapt Planning Data).

SO why is the syatem considering the new date.

Regards

Nilesh

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

System is considering new dates because:

In planning mode 1 the system reactivates existing planning data in the planning run. The system, therefore, does not create new order proposals but adjusts existing ones in terms of quantity and date.

Examples of the changes made by Planning Mode 1:

Changes in date and quantity

Changes in requirements

Changes in the lot-sizing procedure or MRP type

As you have chosen Planning Mode 1 this changing of dates in happening.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari