Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoset Query - CBs and RBs

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How can I bring the Checkboxes and Radio Buttons into the Selection Screen of an Infoset Query.

Request your help.

Kind Regards

Jogeswara Rao

10 REPLIES 10

former_member182010
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jogeswara,

What version of SAP and industry specific are you on? I am on ECC 6.0 for retail.

1. Go to SQ02 to change the infoset.

2. Select the pushbutton labeled Extras. Select the tab labeled Selections, then push Create icon.

3. On Create Selection popup, enter the name of the field and select radiobutton Parameter.

4. On next popup, enter description and selection text. For the format option, enter type C and length 1. For Extras enter "AS CHECKBOX" or "RADIOBUTTON GROUP <rbg1>".

5. Generate the infoset after you save by kicking the beachball.

6. Recompile your query by exiting completely out of SQ01 and calling it again.

Kind Regards,

Rae Ellen Woytowiez

Edited by: Rae Ellen Woytowiez on May 23, 2011 9:44 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rae,

1. Also please help me what code I specify to set this checkbox to a field value say VIQMEL-PHASE = 1

2. Is there any method of assigning field value to the CB without a code, because you know my case. i work in Standard area in the Production client where coding is not possible.

(In case of a 'NO' I would follow the Dev server-->Transport route)

Kind Regards

Jogeswara Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Jogeswara,

1. The values of checkbox are either "X" or blank.

2. In infoset, click on the Code tab and select AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT from pulldown of field labeled Code Section. Set your field to "X".

Kind Regards,

Rae Ellen Woytowiez

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rae,

Can I ask for an example of some working code, becuase i've tried several ways without success.

Example:

If DLFL = 'X'.
VIQMEL-PHASE = '5'.
endif.

(Here DLFL is my checkbox)

Kind Regards

Jogeswara Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Jogeswara,

Is VIQMEL one of the tables you are joining? I would not think you would change one of the fields in a table you are joining in an infoset query. I would create an Additional field that is defined the same as VIQMEL-PHASE. I would include this field in a Field group and change it in the Record Processing Code Section. In your query pick this additional field as a selection field and/or output.

Finally, after you change your infoset and (re)generate it, you need to exit SQ01 completely before recalling the corresponding query for your changes to take effect.

You can also analyze the query's corresponding Executable program beginning with AQ in SE38.

Kind Regards,

Rae Ellen Woytowiez

0 Kudos

Thank you,

My problem lies in the first paragraph of your reply. i have to attend it.

The rest i am conversant with. No doubt about exiting SQ01 completely for each fresh try.

Thank you, I'd try as per your first para.

Yes, VIQMEL is one of the tables in the join. If you can further guide me, like how to code it in record processing etc, I'd be grateful.

Kind Regards

Jogeswara Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Jogeswara,

You can change the value of VIQMEL-PHASE in the infoset of a query. Keep in mind that only the value in the query's generated list is changed, not the value in the database table. The directions below are how to change the value of a field in the join object in an infoset.

1. Go to the infoset and select pushbutton Code or key in Shift-F8.

2. In Code Section field, select Record Processing.

3. Enter the code below in this section.

If DLFL = 'X'.
VIQMEL-PHASE = '5'.
endif.

Kind Regards,

Rae Ellen Woytowiez

0 Kudos

Hello Rae,

This does not work.

I've tried several times with this code at different code sections including the Record Processing-for Two Days.

In this case, when the code is given in the Record Processing section) a warning appears

Do all fields used have a name?

If I continue, Infoset generates but no filtering as per the checkbox marking happens in SQ01.

(Leave apart the doubt of whether I am exiting SQ01 completely for retrying. .I do it without fail on every attempt.)

Kind Regards

Jogeswara Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswar,

I am also facing a similar issue.

I added some code in infoset and it was working when I execute the Query.

Since I put a BREK-POINT, in the code area and so while executing it is stopping.

But when I try to change the code, it is not displaying in the infoset code area. Even I put some code but it is not affected.

Still it stops while executing since ht ebrek point is there.

Please tell me why i am not able to see the initial code, but still it is there in execution and why the latest code is not getting effect.

Thanks & regards,

Shemim

0 Kudos

That was a very old thread, when enough knowledge was not there. Please refer to  TIP8 of this document and explore yourself:

Request you to not further continue the discussion needed if any, here in this closed thread.