cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment and Copy issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone explain me about Realignment and Copy in brief along with transaction codes as well as corresponding report/program names. Also examples.

Thanks & Regards

Suvecha

Edited by: SSuvecha on May 22, 2011 4:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPAPOUser,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let me explain this in more detail. I have a doubt related to realignment. According to your statement,

• "Suppose you are introducing a new product(P2) at location (Blore) and obviously no sales data available for this new product.

Now you came to know that this new product sales would be similar to that of the product (P1) at location Chennai then you can use realignment."*

Is there any relationship with Life-Cycle Planning in this scenario? I mean, Realignment comes only when applying Life-Cycle Planning? Is that what you mean?

Thanks & Regards

Suvecha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use this realignment functionality when you want to genearte CVCs along with copying data of some KFs. It need not be for only Lifecycle planning scenario. But in general the requirement of realignment comes with lifecycle planning. You can create CVCs only without copying planning data (KFs) from source to destination.

Thanks,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Realignment is one method of mass creation of CVCs from existing CVCs.

Realignment not only for Life-Cycle Planning.Even if you don't use life cycle planning you can create CVC using realignment.

that means realignment is to create CVCs and copy keyfigure data at one time.

Regards,

Sunitha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you for all your notes.

Closing the thread.

Regards

Suvecha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both Realignment and copy are executed using the transaction /sapapo/rlgcopy.

With Realignment, you can create new CVCs from the existing CVCs and at the same time you can copy the data present in the different KeyFigures.

For eg: Suppose you are introducing a new product(P2) at location (Blore) and obviously no sales data available for this new product.

Now you came to know that this new product sales would be similar to that of the product (P1) at location Chennai then you can use realignment.

In realignment, copy happens from POS. First you need to create the table specifying the characteristics that need to be copied. After this you need to click on maintain table and specify the source and target CVCs and save it. You have to select individual KFs that you want to copy (say sales history) or you can select All KFs radio button. Now if you execute the realignment, it creates new CVCs and copies data of sales history.

Similarly Copy function copies KF data from source CVCs to target CVCs. Here both Source CVCs and target CVCs need to be present in the POS. Copy will not create CVCs.

Thanks,