cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with UIDPW in Portal 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus:

I apologize for asking a question that has been asked before, but I can't quite get my answer by searching on the forum.

I have configured my ECC 6.0 system in portal. By configuring, I mean I have setup the Web AS Connection and it checks fine, however for the Connection test for Connectors, it fails with the results:

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly

On the user management tab, I have entered:

Authentication Ticket Type: SAP Logon Ticket

Logon Method: UIDPW

User Mapping Type: admin, user

What I'm trying to do is to allow the user to enter his / her user id & password upon entering each system. I know this seems strange, but it is a current requirement until I can use LDAP.

In any case, I have imported the ECC 6.0 certificate into the portal and vice versa, but the connection test still doesn't work.

Can someone please advise?

Sincerely and with greatest gratitude!

-- Jackie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I understand user mapping. . . do you have a document that will explain?

Also, for some users, I do not get systems to map them to; why could this be?

Thanks,

-- Jackie

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to refer to this

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/EnableUsermappingforendusersinEP7.0

Also if for some users you can't see the system for user mapping, it might be a permission issue on system object.

Open permissions for the system and add End User permission to Everyone group.

Thanks

Prashant

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi McCarty,

Please refer to [|]

[User Mapping with User ID and Password|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f06a6851-f1d1-2c10-97b0-a572713ba74c?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jackie,

Have you maintained the UserMapping for the backend system in Portal, for which you are running the test?

You can do it through User Management (Admin) or the end user can do it himself through Personalization (The link which appears on the top right hand corner, next to logoff).

First maintain the user mapping for the user with which you are running the connection test, if it works you are good to go as end user can eaily maintain theirs through personalization.

Thanks

Prashant