Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value not captured in the field after selection thru F4 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a issue regards the capturing of data in a field

I have an internal table which has some "n" no of values.

I have used the function module "vrm_set_values" and passed the values from the internal table to this function module.

in PBO event.

Now the issue is the values passed to the function module is being displayed in the field.

Once any value is being selected in the field, the concerned value associated to the value selected has to be displayed in the next drop down box based on the value selected intially.

So here what the issue is that the value selected in the drop down is not being captured due to which i am unable to display the associated values in the 2nd drop down.

Can any body help me with : how to capture the value selected so that i can pass this value to display the concerned data to the next field using the above mentioned field

Kindly help me in this regards,

thanks,

shankar

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define F4 in PAI.As it is something selected on user input.

only things defiend in PAI are captured for user input.

0 Kudos

Hi,

VRM_SET_VALUES should be used in PBO but not in PAI as if the function module is called in PAI then it doesnt work and does not display the values.

So i have used in the PBO and now I am not able to capture the value from the value selected.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any specifi reason for using FM "VRM_SET_VALUES " ?

Why dont you use POV - Process on value request?

0 Kudos

HI,

Have you defined a FCODE on the first drop down field, in the field attributes ? define that then during the selection of the value in the field the control in PAI .

Regards,

Madhukar Shetty

0 Kudos

Hi

I have used VRM_SET_VALUES as you can restrict the entries in the next field using this FM after display.

And i have also used Process On Value_Request (POV).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alll

The issue got resolved..

thanks,

shankar

0 Kudos

How did u resolve it?