cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy with Multiple PI system and Single SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

In my current project i have 2 SAP Pi system, PI7.0 and PI7.11. Currently 80% of the interfaces are on PI7.0 and we are planning to move interfaces to new PI7.11 next year. Old environment has lot of ABAP proxies ECC is configured to send data to it.

All the new developments will be done in new SAP and i need to use SAP PI7.11 for that. I have an interface where i need to use ABAP proxy.

How can i configure ECC so that it sends new ABAP proxy interface data to new PI7.11 and old proxies to old PI7.0.

As far as i know we can make ECC point to one integration server at one time. Any thoughts or suggestion ?

Regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had a similar requirement and we ended up migrating the interfaces to PI 7.1.

As mentioned earlier you can only have a scenario of multiple SAP connecting to PI only if the version of PI is 7.1 and above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prateek and shabarish. So there is no way for me to send data to PI7.0 and PI7.11 together. I need to choose one of them.

Just for knowledge, if i have 2 PI7.11, how can i achieve that ?

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kulwinder

At one point of time, you can connect to any one PI be it PI7.0 or 7.11.

The transactions like SLDAPICUST, SXMB_ADM where you define the connection to PI system will be active for only one PI system at one time.

Regards

Monika

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search for "Consumer and Provider ABAP Proxy Service to Multiple SAP NetWeaver PI Systems Using Process Integration 7.1" available on SCN. I would recommend following that.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder

You can refer to this blog to connect one ECC system to more than one PI system: /people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multiple-sap-pi-integration-server--variant-ndeg1

Regards,

Giuseppe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multiple connection to ESR in sproxy can be done by switching host value in RFC destination SAP_ESR_PROXY and for maintaining multiple PI runtime you should use subparameter for parameter SXMB_ADM->Runtime->IS_URL (you can define combination of Sender/Receiver for subparameter in transaction SXMSIF).

This way for every sender/receiver combination you can use different integration server.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav,

What about LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI RFC connection to SLD ?

Regards

Inder

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP 7.1 or ABAP 7.0 SP 14 onwards support connections to multiple PI systems. So check the ECC version first. However these PI systems should be 7.1. The only option you could check is if some SPs of PI 7.0 have started supporting such connections or not. It would be good to get it confirmed by SAP.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava