Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCH2 for buyers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a request from buyers , because they want to see checks information (FCH2) when I run SU53 I can see that they need object F_PAYR_BUK with activity 03.

Is there a problem if I gave them this authorization, that they can edit or modify in some way checks or related payment process?

Thank you.

Carlos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

No they will not be able to edit or modify the checks or related payment process since the SU53 says they are missing authorization for object F_PAYR_BUK with activity 03. Activity 03 gives only display access and no edit/modify access.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

No they will not be able to edit or modify the checks or related payment process since the SU53 says they are missing authorization for object F_PAYR_BUK with activity 03. Activity 03 gives only display access and no edit/modify access.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

An unusual request for an MM user - what do they gain by accessing this transaction and why do they need it? One little transaction opens the ways for lots 'extra ones' unless you want to build a role per transaction...

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Technically the object F_PAYR_BUK with 03 & $BUKRS only providesd display access to view checks. So it should not be an issue.. However from a security standpoint we can try to keep away such requirements as much as we can for the following reasons.

1. The Object F_PAYR_BUK is the prime auth check for most of the check maintenance tcodes including FCH4, FCH5 etc..

2. The same object is checked for FCH1 which provides bank account number details for payments which in some of the clients is confidential data.

3. Ideally all check maintenance tcodes fall under the purview of FI-AP & FI-TR areas based on the organisation. So opening up these tcodes to MM will have to be justified accordingly...

4. An cross pollination for whatsoever reason can bring in the risk which needs to be monitored continuously... Hence some monitoring effort has to be involved to make sure the objects are in display mode only for all buyers...

Hope these inputs help.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Althought it seems no to be a problem, I will leave things working as standard, even if buyer have to call to check on payments to the suppliers.

Regards,

Thank you.

Carlos