Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SE38 display screen and return to calling program when BACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exports,

My requirement is, I am calling SE38 tcode display screen form my report output based on the user selected program name and when user clicks on back butten it should come to my report output list insted of SE38 initial screen. please provide me the solution.

now calling the SE38 display screen based on the selected program name by using BDC, but while clicks on BACK butten it is comming to SE38 initial screen insted of my report output. i need go my report output when i clicks on back button, please help me on this.

Thanks,

Firdous

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of calling SE38 through BDC, Call the function module "RS_TOOL_ACCESS" with the below parameters

CALL FUNCTION 'RS_TOOL_ACCESS'
  EXPORTING
    OPERATION                 = 'SHOW'
    OBJECT_NAME               = LV_PROGNAME
    OBJECT_TYPE               = 'PROG'
 EXCEPTIONS
    NOT_EXECUTED              = 1
    INVALID_OBJECT_TYPE       = 2
    OTHERS                    = 3.

0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Is this Work only for SE38..?? actualy i want to navigate to script based on the user selectd from the list, i am trying this for script but it is not going in to the script(SE71 display Screen).

Please help me on this...

Thanks for your response....

0 Kudos

Hi....Please any one help me on this....

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just need to call the transaction Se71- try and use call transaction 'SE71'.

Do you intend to display the script? or just the transaction screen for SE71?

0 Kudos

I want to display the script..

0 Kudos

Hi ...Please let me know the Object_type for Script in rs_tool_access function module..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below code

parameters: p type matnr.

WRITE: P.

AT LINE-SELECTION.
call transaction 'SE38'.

Regards

Dande