cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle password

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed oracle 10g using the sapsever.cmd, it prompted me to set an SID at the DOS prompt but it didnt prompt me to set a password. When i wanted to log in to sqlplus to check and probably increase my java pool size am been prompted for a pass word.

How do i resolve this? I have search the forum but couldnt get an answer.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ all thanks...I just successfully completed my SAP ERP 2005 SR central instance installation.

@Orkun Gedik special thanks for your assistance!

Question: is there any post lnstallation config i must do before commencing study with it, note it is AS ABAP only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryne,

>> Question: is there any post lnstallation config i must do before commencing study with it, note it is AS ABAP only.

scheduling DB13 jobs, scheduling good house keeping jobs, SGEN, SMLT if you need to install additional language,...

Check the installation document for the post operations,

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ all thanks...I just successfully completed my SAP ERP 2005 SR central instance installation.

@Orkun Gedik special thanks for your assistance!

Question: is there any post lnstallation config i must do before commencing study with it, note it is AS ABAP only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your usual prompt response Orkun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry experts dont bother about the question above it is resolved.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryne,

>> SOLUTION: Make more disk space available.

The system indicates the solution Add more storage to the system

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response Orkun, I really appreciate it. The spfile has been created and I have effected my changes.

I am very grateful, i will now resume my IDES installation and get back with feed backs.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to hear this

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change my shared pool size from 176M to 400M but when I issued alter system set..... it didnt change then i checked and discovered that my sga-max size is actually 384M but this too will not change. So I issued show parameter SPFILE but instead of SPFILE value it returned the following variables

restorespfile; and

spfile

both without values, what is the way out please (there is actually no spfile on my C:).

Thanks.

Bryne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryne,

If your database do not have an SPFILE, it will use init<SID>.ora profile file, under "<drive>:\oracle\<SID>\<version>\database" path. So, you can set the parameters in this file. If you would like to create an spfile, shutdown your instance and execute the statements, below;

connect "/as sysdba"
shutdown immediate;
startup nomount;
create spfile from pfile;

Then startup your database. From now on your system will start to use SPFILE instead of init<SID>.ora file.

The rule is easy, if the system has an SPFILE, Oracle read it, even init<SID>.ora file exist on the system. If SPFILE is not exist, Oracle read init<SID>.ora file.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on May 31, 2011 5:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to increase the shared pool size of my oracle database from 176M to 400M but when I execute (as advised above): alter system set shared pool size=1235 it shrinked to 92M

please what is the right way to use the alter system set' command to increase shared pool size?

shared pool reserved size has a value '18103664

I dont want this size to cause problem for my(on going) ECC 6.0 installation

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryne,

shared pool size should be "419430400" in order to set to 400M. Please find the examples, below;

alter system set shared_pool_size=419430400 scope=spfile;

or

alter system set shared_pool_size=400M scope=spfile;

or change it in the init<SID>.ora, manually.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to increase your JAVA pool size, you can change it directly by pfile.

After those changes if you want to restart database:login as

> sqlplus "/as sysdba"

shutdown ;

and then startup open;

Now it should solve your problem....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks volker,

I have not started the sapinst, i wanted to increase the java pool size first since that has given me problems in previous attempts.

When i tried entering sqlplus as 'sysdba' am being prompted for password

And my oracle installation didnt prompt me to set any password while installing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> I have not started the sapinst, i wanted to increase the java pool size first since that has given me problems in previous attempts.

When i tried entering sqlplus as 'sysdba' am being prompted for password

It is normal that the oracle installation did not ask for an admin password during the RDBMS installation. The database users will be created during the SAP installation. You didn't perform sapinst means that you didn't create a database on the system. So it means that you don't have a spfile or init<SID>.ora file. Under this circumstance where do you planning to enter this value?

If you have spfile or init<SID>.ora files, rename spfile and complete missing parameters, including java pool size parameter in the init<SID>.ora file.

As the other guy noted that you will be able to access to the db resources by sysdba role, after the respective SAP installation and logging in to the system, by <sid>adm user.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to call sqlplus as Administrator ?

That won't work.

Login as sidadm to windows and

sqlplus / as sysdba

should work (at least after sapinst did finish).

Volker