cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading zeros remove from FB05 for assignment field in process open items b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert

At present i am using the electronic bank statement completed OT83 & OT51configuration, when i am running FF-5 the EBS soft copy has been uploaded and created batch input session.

I executed batch input session and the transactions has been posting through FB05 for outgoing payment clearing with assignment field ( where check number is laying correctly and matching EBS soft copy cheque number and SAP outgoing clearing account line item assignment cheque number ) in case of outgoing clearing is happening correctly.

but where as i have a problem incoming clrg cheque number which is displaying in assignment field and updated when client using FF68(check deposit / collections).

the user is punching all collections from customers using t.code FF68 and cheque number is updated with 6 digit number in the variant. it is like a JV.

after posting batch input session the cheque is number displaying in assignment field. the cheque number is updated with 6 digit number. but in the variant cheque number width 6 digit only but after posting FF68 & SM35 the system automatically taking leading zeros for the remaining length. Cheque number standard length in SAP 13 in table .

total 13 digit length but user punched only 6 digit only, because the cheque number 6 digit numberonly. so the remaining 7 digits it is occupaying 0000000.

while executing FF_5 and SM35 (thr FB05) the assignment field cheque number (0000000586585) and soft copy cheque number 6 digit (586585) is not matching , because of that i am unable to clear the incoming collections or incoming payments clrg.

so how can i remove the leading zeros after cheque number ( actually displaying 0000000586585 , but i want without zeros only cheque number 586585) in assignment field in FB05 using FF-5 & SM35).

is there any enhancement or user exit to remove leading zeros or any other way of work around .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amareswar,

In your case, request your bank to provide cheque number with leading zeros in electronic bank statement as the leading zeros in the assignment field is SAP system behaviour.

Alternatively, use 'Define Search String for Electronic Bank Statement' (refer http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/6d/0cdf4b142e11d3963800a0c9426c73/frameset.htm for details) in the IMG, customize it to search for the cheque number provided in the note to payee field > then append leading zeros.

The first method is the solution we are using and it is the most cost effective.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

can you explain search string configuration and test run for electronic bank statement to remove the leading zeros for assignment field while processing FF_5(batch input session run).

IMG - Financial Accounting - Bank Accounting - Business Transactions - Payment Transactions - Electronic Bank Statement -

Define Search String for Electronic Bank Statement.

Simulate Document Number Search Using Strings T.Code: FEBSTS

I am not getting search string results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

There is a BADI "FIEB_CHANGE_BS_DATA" that you can use to remove leading zeroes for the checks. This BADI gets activated during FF.5. You can ask your ABAP'er to incorporate code for your house bank and company code.

This will definitely help as i have implemented this functionality at couple of client locations.

Hope this helps.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shail expert

We applied BADI , It is working fine .

Thanks for spending valuable time.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad it worked.

Good Luck.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am facing the same issue and ihave applied the same BADI but can you please tell me on which field we have to prog and if the check number different in each document i mean if the check number or po number is 6 digit and 8 in another document then how will this BADI work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

c_febep-zuonr