cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Logon does not have any anything to log on under systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

My friend installed SAP GUI 7.10 patched to 15 a few months back.

She was able to log in during that time since there were many servers/groups under the systems tab.

Right now, after her laptop has been recently cleared of a virus attack, she could no longer log on to any servers/groups because there were nothing there!!!

She is worried for a few questions:

FIRST: If she uninstall the program, will she lose her saved files that she worked on during those few months??

SECOND: Where can the saved files be located?? So that backup can be done when uninstalling SAP GUI 7.10

I really hope to get a reply soon!!! ( She needs to get her SAP up and running so she can continue on with her practicals since there is some kind of test related to SAP also... )

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really grateful if there is a reply...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would 1st make sure that you are looking at the systems tab and not the shortcut tabs. Not trying to sound silly but I have had a few users looking at that tab and state no servers are listed. Also, the file which the LogonPad is populated from is under C:\Program Files\SAP\saplogon.ini. You could look at that file and see if there are systems listed. (Can be opened in notepad)

When you save a file which you pulled down from SAP, by default it will go to your SapWorkDir unless you change the location on the machine where you want it stored. You can find this location by looking under the Options / LocalData tab. If they are stored elsewhere other than the default location, that would be up to your friend to tell you.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a 710 install the SAPLOGON.INI is most likely in C:\Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is correct. my apologies. Always forget we use a variable to place the ini in the location I mentioned.

Thank you for correcting me.

Regards,

Zecher