Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Process for South Africa

former_member403969
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client KLT Automotive is based in India.It has plants in India at several locations.They have put a new plant in South Africa.The procurement process will take place from India as well as South Africa.South Africa will also Import goods from KLT India.

According to South Africa taxation, only VAT 14% and Customs Duties are applicable on Import Goods.I would ike to know how will the process flow will take place in the SAP system.

As for India Imports the following are the steps:

1.Import PO

2.Commercial Invoice/Bill of Entry

3.Goods Receipt

4.Invoice for the foreign vendor

I tried a similar process ,but the pop-up for Commercial Invoice does not come during Goods Receipt.The currency in PO was ZAR(South African Rand ) and commercial Invoice was also ZAR (South African Rand ).Was this the reason because which I could not enter the commercial Invoice number during Goods Receipt?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the company pay the customs directly or thro third party?

If it is third party then u can follow the nomal process,like GR & then MIRO.

Otherwise u do MIRO first & MIGO NEXT

former_member403969
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.

But the initially MIRO will be like a Commercial Invoice.It is not necessary to refer to the Commericial Invoice while doing GRN of the goods, as there is no excise .Right?

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since there is No Excise in SA, I dont think you need to follow the Indian (CIN) process for imports.

The commercial invoice number in MIGO for CIN Imports is required for the CVD values to be defaulted in Excise tab, since that Tab isnt relevant for SA, you dont need the commercial number in MIGO.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process is same as below.

1 Import PO.

2. Commercial Invoice/Bill of Entry.

3. Goods Receipt.

4. Invoice for the foreign vendor.

And in PO for custom condition type enter local Vendor, which is having local currency as ZAR (South African Rand) by selecting lens button.

While capturing delivery cost during MIRO system will proposes this vendor and the currency will flow from vendor master. Then do GR and Invoice for the foreign vendor in other country.

And if both the plants are in same company code then follows STO process and even if it inter company code still you can do STO with by creating vendor/customer in supplying and receiving plant.

Rgs

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Process seems to be inter plant stock transfer ?

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) check your tax code in Po it should be 0 %

2) check in your PO whether you have maintained CVD,Ecess CVD,Sec ECESS ON CVD condition types or no

In J1ID Check on

1.Material Chapter id Combination & Material Type also.

2.Maintain Cenvat determination

3.Vendor Excise Details - Excise indicator for vendor

4.Plant - Excise indicator for Plant

Regards

Kailas ugale

former_member403969
Participant
0 Kudos

The process will take place in South Africa which has GST and so excises are not applicable