Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding structure whose value is not comming in workarea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I had created a structure in abap dictionary in that i taken one fields whose data element is char and even in driver program i had use char for that fields, the field value is of decimal i.e 11.340. so when i used this structure in smartforms , the field value is coming in the internal table but not in workarea. I dont get to know why it is not coming in workarea as it come in internal table.

Thanks In Advance,

Ashish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check that you have declared them correctly in smartform global area. the work area and internal table structure should be same.

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have the same type declared in form interface section ad driver program. put a beak point in your smart form inside the initialization section using the break-point statement. check that value is getting populated in smart form on not using debugging. if it is getting populated in debugging mode then you would have made a mistake in writing the value of work area in instead of just writing &wa_area& , Use the Field list button to list the the fields and drag and drop the values from your structure you have at the left bottom .or use the insert button to insert the work area just writing the &wa_area& will not print the value .if you have already used field list button then debug and see that are you getting the value in smart form or not.the value of decimal can be passed to smart form using the char data type or numeric. best thing debug and see.

Steps : 1. Have the data type same in Form interface and print program .

2. Use the Button field just on the application toolbar just before the form painter button to get the list of variables available for printing .

3. Drag the variable from the structure to print area .

4. Put the statement BREAK-POINT hardcoded in your smart form .

5.print the output type to see if value is getting populated .

Revert back for further details .

Thanks .

Edited by: Anjaneya Bhardwaj on May 23, 2011 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) When you say its not coming in the workarea, do you imply your looping on same table for main window? And teh value doesnt come in its workarea.

2)Why dont you add a code block and check the value coming into WA and the entire internal table and debug.

3)Make sure the Structure of WA and internal table is exactly same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

regenerate the smartform

smartforms tran --> menu bar smartforms --> Generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to make to select minimum record onl like Loop at itab into wa from 1 to 4

thanking you