cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Applet Connection Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using MII 12.0.2 (88) . When we ran the application, Java applets are very slow and even crashing in IE 8. we have tested in IE 6 also. There also same problem. We go thru the applications.log file. we saw the below message in log file:

Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Cannot get connection for 120 seconds. Possible reasons: 1) Connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine), 2) The pool size of adapter "SAPSR4DB" is not enough according to the current load of the system or 3) The specified time to wait for connection is not enough according to the pool size and current load of the system. In case 1) the solution is to check for cached connections using the Connector Service list-conns command, in case 2) to increase the size of the pool and in case 3) to increase the time to wait for connection property. In case of application thread, there is an automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections and unfinished transactions.#

We increased the poolsize , wait time in data server connection. But it is not working...

How to solve this issue.

Regards,

senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

I would suggest you divide and conquer the problem. Test the SQL (I assume you feed data from an SQL to the applet) alone. See if this work. If it does not work , then you should know that the problem is not caused by applet but the SQL.

I have had quite similar problem (I cannot remember exactly it is the same problem). And the caused was the SQL. I even having problem getting the data with external SQL editor

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You are working on a fairly old version (12.0.2.88). The latest version is 12.0.11 (I believe). I think an upgrade is in order. Or at the very least read some of the upgrade documentation to see what was corrected in the later versions. It is quite possible the problem you are experiencing was fixed in a later version.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 25, 2011 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested with SQL alone.. There it is working fine like giving result instantly. But from page (applet ) it is crashing...

Regrads,

Senthil

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the query template work fine when executed from the workbench?

And also can you test the display template in the workbench with other simpler query template results?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 26, 2011 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested it from Display template in Workbench also. It is working fine from there.

But in pages applets loading is taking more time and most of the cases it is crashing and throwing error as "Object doesnt support this property" for even applet's isActive() methods.

Sometimes it is working but most of the times, it is crashing the pages.

Regards,

Senthil

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the query works fine, and the display template works fine when testing it from the workbench, then the combination of your query and display templates as an applet do not appear to be the issue.

What is the javascript context in your web page that could be causing the problem - body onload script? Script that references an applet outside of a function? In most cases the object errors occur when javascript fires and attempts to reference a method in the applet object model when it is unavailable for scripting (typically document.AppletName.getQueryObject..).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anorther remark that you might be able to answer. Is the data source you connected via VPN?