cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer inspection at plant site

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our company even if we certify material okay.But customer comes to our premises they may reject the material.

Suppose we have posted 10 qty to unrestricted.Then the customer will check the material.they found out of them 8 is okay.Then 8 will be posted to unrestricted.Only 8 can be dispatched to the customer.Tell me which inspection type will be used in this scenario.How to map this scenario in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Quality Notification there can be a Notification type for "Customer Inspection"

Through action box of this Notification type You can enter & monitor the flow of material for customer inspection.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

Since prior to customer, you certify the material, you must be using inspection type 04 for this.

I guess customer inspects the material at the time of dispatch from your premises.

So again use of 04 may not serve the purpose. Inspection type 10 does not have facility for stock posting.

I would suggest using inspection type 08. Have a look on following model, and try whether it fits your requirement.

1. Customize new movement type (say Z11) by copying 311.

2. Deactivate inspection for 311 and activate inspection for Z11 through customizing.

3. Define new storage location as u201C Customer inspectionu201D

4. Activate inspection type 08 in material master.

5. Whenever customer comes for inspection, transfer the material to this storage location through MB1B transaction code by Z11 movement.

6. This will create one inspection lot of 08 origin in system.

7. As per customer feedback, you do stock posting against this lot. Post okay stock to unrestricted use.

8. While doing PGI use unrestricted stock material.

9. Movement type 311 is generally used by many users for different purposes. Because of this reason the need for using new customized movement comes in to picture. This avoids the unwanted lot creation for 311 movement.

Regards,

Anand Rao