cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Consolidation: Entity structure question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just want to ask if technical Entities are required in order for Legal Consolidation to work in SAP BPC 7.5 NW SP6? I'm using both R-Type (Currencies) and G-Type dimension (Conso Groups). In my first structure, I only have the following set up in my Entity and Groups dimension:

Entity Dimension:

ID		EVDESCRIPTION		PARENTH1	CURRENCY	INTCO	FX_TYPE	ELIM
ALL_COMP	All Company					
COMPT1		Company Group 1		ALL_COMP				
COMP1		Company 1		COMPT1	        USD		I_COMP1		Y
COMP2		Company 2		COMPT1	        USD		I_COMP2		Y
COMPT2		Company Group 2		ALL_COMP				
COMP3		Company 3		COMPT2	        USD		I_COMP3		Y
COMP4		Company 4		COMPT2	        USD		I_COMP4		Y

Groups Dimension:

ID		EVDESCRIPTION	CURRENCY_TYPE	ENTITY	GROUP_CURRENCY	PARENT_GROUP	STORE_ENTITY	STORE_GROUP_CURR	CONSO_TYPE	DATASRC_LEVEL	STAGE_ONLY	
GCOMPT1	Company Group 1	        G			USD							Y			A			
GCOMPT2	Company Group 2	        G			USD							Y			A			
NON_GROUP	Non Group	

In this set up, my Consolidation results in error "RUN_LOGIC:Accounts and entities do not match data in application OWNERSHIP". But if I change my set up to the following(with technical Entities), I don't get the error:

Entity Dimension:

ID		EVDESCRIPTION		PARENTH1	CURRENCY	INTCO	FX_TYPE		ELIM
ALL_COMP	All Company					
COMPT1		Company Group 1		ALL_COMP				
COMP1		Company 1		COMPT1		USD			I_COMP1		
COMP2		Company 2		COMPT1		USD			I_COMP2		
COMPT2		Company Group 2		ALL_COMP				
COMP3		Company 3		COMPT2		USD			I_COMP3		
COMP4		Company 4		COMPT2		USD			I_COMP4		
ECOMPT1	        Company Group 1				USD					Y
ECOMPT2	        Company Group 2				USD					Y

Groups Dimension:

ID		EVDESCRIPTION	CURRENCY_TYPE	ENTITY		GROUP_CURRENCY	PARENT_GROUP	STORE_ENTITY	STORE_GROUP_CURR	CONSO_TYPE	DATASRC_LEVEL	STAGE_ONLY	
GCOMPT1	Company Group 1	        G		ECOMPT1	USD					Y		Y			A			
GCOMPT2	Company Group 2	        G		ECOMPT2	USD					Y		Y			A			
NON_GROUP	Non Group

Am I just missing some properties or set up in my first that's why I'm getting the error or do I really need to create technical Entities for consolidation to work??

Thanks,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by technical entities.

You should have the same Time, Category, Entity, Groups, and IntCo dimensions in the ownership and legal consolidation applications.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nilanjan,

I was pertaining to the Entities with ID that starts with "E". Anyway, I tried removing the values "Y" for property "ELIM" in the Entity dimension and removed the values for "ENTITY" and STORE_ENTITY in the Groups dimension and I don't encounter the error and consolidation calculates okay.

Thanks,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

I am also facing the error. Accoutns and Entities do not match. Really i am confused how to maintain Entity and Group Dimension for Group Currency Translations and Eliminations at Group Level. Can you please help me how did you set up your Entity and Group Dimensions.

Regards

Answers (0)