cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to created an user athorization - block an user table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to restrict the access for a user tables, i created 2 user tables but i want to keep hide them for some user, and for others only to give the authorization to read the information, I was trying to make an user authorization.

Administration -> System Initialization -> Authorizations -> Additional Authorization Creator.

I saw it in the General Authorizations but it doesn't work, i added it for one user the no Authorization for this table but it doesnt work, the user can see it and change the information, i don't know what else i need to do, some one o=understand me what i want to do?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

How did you created this user authorization? What is the form id?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created in Additional Authorization Creator, i puted and authorization id, name, options for read, write and none, level 1, parent id (here i have only one option without), Display order, and IdForm (here i dont know where can i see it?).

I created the user defined tables and the user defined field, i want to block for some user those tables.

but i dont know where can i see the Form Id for those tables or where can i create it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please repost your question. You have posted a non-question thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i see the Form Id for those tables or where can i create it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should repost this as a question thread a sGordon suggests- ub tunless you have created a form for the UDTs, then what you want to do is not possible without a lot of tricky workarounds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks i got it, the athorization is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the user-Defined table you can see it the form id, i putted enable the system information and the i putted the form id in the Additional Authorization creator in Edit the form Id.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is the ay to do it - but the reason I said you need workarounds is because this formID is not always the same.

If you create the tables in a different order, or add a new table with a higher alphabetic value then the FormID changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks you.