cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalDecisions Session Manager error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running a Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit machine. I have VS2010 with .NET 4 installed on the machine. I am running ASP.NET 4.0 application which would connect to the Business Object server and generate a pdf report. I downloaded and installed the CrystalReports for VS 2010 on my machine and it had installed assemblies CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework,CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Infostore ver 10.5.3700 etc to the GAC.

But when I run this line CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.SessionMgr boSessionMgr=new CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.SessionMgr();

I get the error:

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {1CD19B37-4AEB-4EB0-B4DE-3CB9FA31D6CC} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). "

I have not installed the Business Objects SDK on machine.Do I need to install it?

Am I missing any assemblies?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Irene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to be using VS 2008 so is there an better

way of doing this.Connect to Bo, open a report

report with parameters and get the report as PDF.

Any code sample will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Irene

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrade to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 so that you are supported....otherwise, no guarantee of being able to make it work. At the very least, make sure your application references version 11.0 assemblies.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

We are running Business Objects Enterprise(11.0)

Will CR 2008 work with it? And at this point

I could not get the SDk as the SAP expert mentioned we are not using the SDK.

Is the SDK the only way make it work as crystal reports is a free distributable.

Thanks

Irene

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to connect to an XI (11.0) system, you must use 11.0 references, which by the way are only supported for use in Visual Studio .NET 2002 and 2003.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don

Thanks for your reply.But I tried to connect

to Business Objects using the same code

with VS 2008 assemblies on XP machine

but still I am getting the same error.

What am I missing out? I see different assembly

version for this than before.

My primary focus is to connect to business

Objects and run a report with parameters

and get the report as PDF.Can u suggest

me a best way to do this?

Thanks

Irene

0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

You have to use the Crystal Reports 2008 with assembly file version 12.x to be able to connect to BOE. CR for VS 2008 version 10.5 does not allow you to connect to BOE 3.1 either.

What version of BOE are you trying to connect to?

And to use CR 2008 you have to install the bOE Client tools and SDK on your DEV PC as well as distribute the BOE and CR runtime on your APP server.

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

The file is from VS 2008 CR reports runtime. CR for VS 2010 does not connect to Enterprise so simply remove those 2 enterprise assemblies.

When the BOE 4.0 SDK is shipped you'll then be able to access Managed Reports.

Thank you

Don