cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling BW Crystal Reports Using SNC?

chris_hamman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is the workflow that I am trying to handle:

I have created a Crystal report against a BW query and published that report to our BOE environment. That report is currently being scheduled to run in BOE using my BW credentials under Database Configuration. I do not want to continually maintain the BW credentials under Database Configuration when password changes occur.

Can I avoid this maintenance by enabling server-side SNC between BW and BOE?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are logging in with SAP credentials you do should not need SNC just setting the report for SSO should work. SNC is typically only needed if you are logging in without SAP credentials.

If for some reason this is wron then it would work, i just don't think it's necessarry unless you are loggin in with LDAP/DAP/enterprise/or SAP portal SSO.

Regards,

Tim

chris_hamman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tim,

My understanding of the SSO setting on the report was that setting is only used when viewing the report (on-demand). Is it used when scheduling the report as well? I don't know if it is possible, but I want to be able to schedule a report and not worry about password expiration. The only way I know to currently do this is by scheduling the report with an ID with a non-expiring password (this is a BW account). I am wondering if SNC might alleviate this extra maintenance.

Thanks,

Chris

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know the expiration, you'd have to test but if users login with SAP then a token is cached for a pretty long time (even after system reboots) They do eventually expire in some cases and you run into issues if users change their passwords in SAP. You can use SNC to work around those issues if they are even issues. So if your users change their passwords often and you see the logon token expiring then use SNC server trust (KB 1500150 will have all the info you need) else try without.

Regards,

Tim

chris_hamman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tim,

Thank you very much for your help!! We were able to configure server-side SNC in our dev systems and my tests confirm that viewing and scheduling of BW Crystal reports both work as desired. The reports are running (both scheduled and on-demand) with no BW credentials supplied and the SSO option set. I even setup a recurring instance, changed my BW password, and the report continued to run successfully afterwards. So thanks again!!

Chris