cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the "Password Reset" tab in Indentity Store (SAP IDM 7.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to implement Password self-service as per the document "SAP NewWeaver Idenitty Management Identity Center Self-service password reset Implementation Guide" Version 7.1 Rev 2. In this guide, references are made to the Password Reset Tab in the Identity Store properties view in Identity Center. I do not see that tab in my view.

I followed the standard inst guides during the upgrade. Its a fresh implementation and we are on IDM 7.1 SP5

I have checked out couple of similar posts where it was resolved by installing SP3/4, does anyone have any other solution than applying the SP again ??

What do I need to do to have that tab?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I followed the standard inst guides during the upgrade. Its a fresh implementation and we are on IDM 7.1 SP5

It's note quite clear if you made an upgrade or did a fresh installation. In either case you should ckeck that you installed the latest SPs of each of the 3 (Design Time, RunTime, UI) IdM-compontents... also don't forget the SQL-Schema in case you updated/upgraded.

I think most of the posts you already read about this topic had a mix of SPs.

If you upgraded, maybe you get the desired result after a complete uninstall / reinstall?!

BR

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chetan,

Recheck the guide, you'll need to do a few things...

1. Make sure IDM is setup per the instructions.

2. Add the idm.anonymouse role in UME per the Password reset document

3. Create the password reset and MX_AUTHQ questions tasks per the document

Then you should be good to go. Just remember there's a different URL to access the anonymous password reset.

There's no specifc tab for password reset, that's just a separate task/To Identity Store task should you choose to create it. (and I'm not sure why you would not )

HTH,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Ours is a fresh installation

According to the PSS 7.1 V2 guide, i completed the section 1 where i creted the UME roles and the

Section 1: Creating the tasks

Creating the folder for the tasks

Creating the password reset task

Creating the password reset failed task

Then started the Section 2 Configuring the identity store and the first point the document says is "Select the identity store in the console tree and choose the "Password reset" tab: " which i am unable to see the tab in my system.

I am i missing some config steps here ? again i am just goin line - by - line what the doc says

Thanks

Edited by: Chetan on May 23, 2011 4:43 PM

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chetan,

In this case it's referring to the MMC Console, not the Web UI.

I can send a screenshot later if that will help.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applying SP5 again resolved the issue, able to see the Password reset tab

Thanks