Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ECC ehp4 / ehp5 and NW7.0 ehp2 installation

I am looking for ehp installtion for a NEW SYSTEM and find:

ECC ehp4 installation:

1) install "ECC ehp4 ready" first by using sapinst.

2) then using sapehpi to install the technical usage of ehp4. This step is mandatory as "Please note that you are not allowed to use the installtion of only SAP ERP 6.0 ehp4 ready for a productive system without applying furthur ehp4 technical usages in a second step."

Question: "ECC ehp4 ready" does not covers any technical usage, such as basic "Central Application?". SAP guide states "After the initial installation of ehp4 for SAP ERP 6.0, you can install additional technical usages."

ECC ehp5 installation: (ehp5 is released now)

1) Install SAP ERP 6.0 including SAP enhancement package 5 - technical usage u201CCentral Applicationsu201D ABAP with sapinst.

2) still need install & active ANY OTHER techincal usage of ehp5 even if there is no specified business requirement? Mandatory or Optional?

NW7.0 ehp2 installation:

1) Install NW 7.0 ehp2 with sapinst.

2) No further action required for a new ehp2 installtion.

*Question: Am I right?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

James

Former Member
Former Member replied

HI James,

- What you wrote for EHP4 ready is correct. once ready is installed you need to choose the EHP4 stack depending on your business need and install it, after that system can be used.

- regarding ERP 6.0 with EHP5, if you are OK with the central application alone being on EHP5 levels you can use the system. Updating other business function is optional.

- statement Regarding NW7.0 with EHP2 is correct.

~ Niraj

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question