Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error at reading RSQONCOND system table via RFC_READ_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts,

I try to read RSQONCOND system table from our external java application via JCO and RFC_READ_TABLE function but receive the following error:

Could not execute function '[MBI_SAPBW_F0012] Could not execute function 'RFC_READ_TABLE'. Error with ASSIGN ... CASTING in program SAPLSDTX .'. Table: RSQONCOND; columns: INFOSET, ONCOND; where clause: (INFOSET EQ '0SRVE_IS1') AND OBJVERS EQ 'A'

We used our code successfully with other system tables but in case of RSQONCOND we got this error, so our code must be fine (if this particular request doesn't require some specific attributes or settings).

One more thing... I noticed that WCOND attribute in RSQONCOND is of String data type, can it be the cause of the error? But at the same time error takes place even when I try to retrieve the only one record without WCOND attribute (e.g. just INFOSET).

I also have the same error if to use SE37 transaction with RFC_READ_TABLE and the RSQONCOND table name in parameters.

Is it possible to get data from the mentioned system table via RFC_READ_TABLE at all? What the cause of the error? Does any alternatives to RFC_READ_TABLE exist to get the data I need?

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Thanks in advance,

Vova

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 20, 2011 4:22 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

this error is seemed to be related with retrieving tables with fields of the string dataType of variable length. Any ideas how to query such tables with RFC_READ_TABLE or any other alternative RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

any ideas how to solve the issue? Did somebody tackle the same problem?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the generic RFC_READ_TABLE is not advised, instead you'd better define your own RFC function module with only the importing and exporting parameters needed. Anyway, what you describe happens with any deep component. So, it means you don't have other choice than creating your own RFC-enabled function module. And if you're fan of generic programming, you can use CALL TRANSFORMATION ID to send data in XML format.

Sandra

0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Sandra for your reply.

Unfortunately I'm limited by the scope of our application and cannot make any changes on the SAP server, so adding our own custom functionality on the SAP servers is not an option.

I've also found RFC_GET_TABLE_ENTRIES which doesn't throw an exception but returns somehow encoded values of the STRING datatype (for example from the RSFOBUEV000 or RSQONCOND tables). So, one of the way out is to decode values but I cannot find how.

Does somebody know how to cope with the issue of retrieving values of the String datatype from third party applications without modifying SAP server?

We use java and jco library to get access to SAP server.