Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mobile 7.0 vs Mobile 7.1 vs ?

Hello everybody,

Our company uses mobiles applications to support its distribution process. The applications are based in AWT, Generic Synchronization and SAP Mobile 7.0.

The applications are used to count products during the shipping process; and they do their work more or less, since one of the main problems that we faced is the extremely slow synchronization process. I have researched on the Internet about this topic and others related to SAP Mobile 7.0 and I did not find enough information about how to resolve this and other issues.

My question is, this lack of information and poor performance is because SAP Mobile 7.0 could be considered obsolete technology? Should we consider to migrate to other SAP Mobile version? What is the latest SAP Mobile Technology? Are there other options to implement mobility in our business?

I would really appreciate any comments!

Best Regards

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Sir,

I would disagree that Mobile Infrastructure for 7.0 is obsolete. I am a primary support consultant in MI and there are still many customers using it.

MI 7.1 is definitely a big improvement and is faster. But it sounds like the cause of your issue is the use of generic sync. Generic synchronization is notoriously slow and Smart synchronization delivers a vast performance improvement - so you could consider using smart synchronization. However the performance of generic synchronization is often greatly influenced by the design of the function module in the backend. A very efficient design will give definite performance improvements.

Yes MI 7.1 is the latest Mobile Infrastructure technology. There may be other technologies coming along soon based on HANA - which is the super fast hardware and software technology. However I have very little detailed knowledge of them.

For 7.1 general information:

service.sap.com/installNWmobile71 -> Installation

service.sap.com/installNWmobile71 -> Migration

help.sap.com -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver Mobile

Thanks! etc..

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question