cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a sales Org to a different company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer an exsisting sale org from one company to another.

We would also like to maitain the exsisting division and distribution channel.

If anyone know how to do this step by step , it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Clifton

Please elaborate what do you mean by transferring sales organization. Do you want to remove sales organization from one company and assign to another one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is exactly what i would like to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clifton,

Not came across such requirement but because of curiosity after reading your post, I did tried but failed.

As we know S.org can be assigned to one company code only so I removed relation with first company code and tried to assign to another company code but got error because of historical data.

It will be better to create new S.Org and assign to new company code you can use sale Dist. Channel and division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting , thank you for that.

I was reading through the forum and came across another thread with a similiar theme.

Re: Inter Company Billing - Multiple company codes to a single sales org.

i do have a question for you though .. I'm not an SD consultant so once you have created this new sales org how difficult is it to transfer exsisting materials, purchase orders, sales orders, customers and vendors to this new sales org.

Can any of this be done via mass update.

Thank you

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the master data like customer master, material master and the transactional data like open sales orders, open deliveries etc can be updated using LSMW. But in my opinion, depending on volume of data, this itself is a small project. Check with your technical team (ABAP team and Basis team), for project estimation. Basis people needs to provide authorizations to users based on the new sales organization and ABAP team can help you with LSMW or any other upload program available in the system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far industry practise is concerned we do data migration with creation of new sales org,dist chan ,div etc...it requires lot of planning n execution to transfer all the transactional data.

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for replying late to your querry.

i do have a question for you though .. I'm not an SD consultant so once you have created this new sales org how difficult is it to transfer exsisting materials, purchase orders, sales orders, customers and vendors to this new sales org.

Regarding transfering Material: The material master is unique to Sales org. Company code Distribution channel Division Plant.

Regarding transfering Purchase orders: you need to mark all open line items for delition and create new one in new sales org

Regarding transfering sales orders: you can not transfer sales orders from one sales org to another. you need to close open one and create new one.

Regarding transfering Customers: You can extend all customers to new sales org.

Thanks