cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explosion of BOM In sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Techies,

I have a clarification in the BOM explosion in sales order. How to make the setting for the first or second level of BOM to explode in the sales order? If we do so can we change the respective BOM in the sales order and save it specifically for the particular sales order.

Can any one help me with this please?

thanking you all in advance.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to use variant configuration - where BOM components are selected based on some characteristic value in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai thanks,

But the client don wanna use the variant configuration concept. But if we use the standard configuration can we change the first level or second level of BOM in the sales order like editing a particular material with a new material in case of non standard products.

For Example

The material Car is the header material

CAR

- Engine

--Component 1

--Component 2

--Component 3

- Tyres

-Chasis

Can we make the sales order for the car to explode the first level of BOM and by selecting the Material Engine can we edit component 1 with component 4

I have enabled this with variant configuration concept. But now the situation wants to use this without variant configuration.

Can any one please help me on this?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

If no variant configuration, then create order BOM's via CS61 for each level as per customer need & then use this for that order.

I am quite positive that your client would get tired of doing this activity & go for variant configuration.