cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS PDS priorities

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Is it possible to set ppds pds priorities?

The scenario is as follows.

I have 2 PDS with operations and reources as follows -

PDS - 1 PDS - 2

0010 A 0010 B

0020 C 0020 C

All A,B and C are finitely planned.

The requirement is -

If PDS - 1 is not available (due to resource 'A' cap 100 utilized), system should select PDS - 2 to meet the delivery date. (in PPDS production planning run using heuristics (without quota arrangement) )

As per my knowledge, system will create delayed planned orders with PDS -1

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right in PPDS there is no way to select automaticaly alternative source of supply considering capacity loading. If you are using SCM 7.0 you can enable interactive sourcing during production planning where during planning system can propose to select between two pds interactively and also gives you information about capacity loading.

Better way to meet this to model this as alternative resource instead of alternative pds and through detail scheduling heuristic or optimizer required resources can be chosen automaticaly.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Alternative modes in your Routing/Recipe will solve your issue!

Transactions CA01/2/3 for routing and C201/2/3 for recipes.

I would go for the Production Planning (PP) scenario and choose routings.

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not the aim of a PP-heuristic to achieve a finite planning run.Refer to SAP Note No. 551124 for detailed explanation on this.

As already suggested using alternative modes is always a better option which allows LC or optimizer to do capacity loading more accurately.

Rgs